Thread: Asymmetric Photic Stimulation

1. Smile Asymmetric Photic Stimulation

Hello everyone,

I recently posted a thread on the transparent forum website, below is the link.
    http://www.transparentcorp.com/commu...-optimization/

One point from Joe's answer "brewmasher" suggested the possibility to stimulate the brain asymmetrically. I thought I would bring over this specific point to this forum as almost everyone here is experienced with light stimulants.

The following is quoted from brewmasher's answer:
    "I also added a split hemisphere Spectrastrobe track. The right brain is being gently stimulated with a blue sine wave, the left brain aggressively stimulated with red square wave. If you have Audiostrobe, do the best you can to split the right and left hemispheres to match the entrainment."

a
    nd the following is copy of part of my reply , which I'm hopping for some guidance in this regard:
    " " I was under the impression that with photic stimulation, it is not possible to stimulate the brain asymmetrically. I have to confess that I did not find comfort in the past from photic stimulation particularly from this subject. My mood deteriorates dramatically after every photic stimulation session I tried since receiving my kasina. I really felt unfortunate for not being able to enjoy my Kasina like others did, and have decided to stick to auditory stimulation since then.

Now your point here brought about my elation and revived the hope that I can go back and start making use of the kasina. thank you.

I would like to be directed to useful resources for using photic stimulation and how to photo stimulate asymmetrically. also if there is any guidance you can point to for the therapeutic properties of colors.

Thanks." "

Cheers,

Ahmad

Last edited by civiliangent; 03-22-2015 at 07:45 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Asymmetric Photic Stimulation

Hi Ahmad,
    I saw your thread but have not deconstructed the session yet or replied. Sorry for the delay.

Sometimes discovering the medical terms to search for provides the best information. In this case you want to search for 'eye hemifield photic' ... Hemifield being the key term.

The eye is wired in such a way that creating split field stimulation requires a somewhat elaborate setup. However, I have made some small attempt at setting up the Kasina glasses for this type of stimulation. The thread is here: http://www.transparentcorp.com/commu...ses#entry28274

I know you are a keen researcher, so I will be interested to know what you find that is pertinent to your interest.

On your report that photic stimulation changes your mood to the contrary, I am most curious to hear your hypothesis as to why this might be. It is a very uncommon reaction. No literature that I know of reports it and this forum as a wealth of information on user reactions, doesn't either (that I can locate at this time) Generally people are either apathetic or immersed. (with many shades in between)

Let's say that photic stimulation is having a notable effect on you although not the intended effect. That in itself is worthy of encouragement and pursuit. You are obviously 'shaking things loose' so to speak. Adjustments of parameters in your protocol may fine tune the result to a more desired reaction.

This thread has an excellent survey of recent literature concerning AVS. http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...8-Hypertension

Please consider this a perfunctory comment and part of an ongoing discussion.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Asymmetric Photic Stimulation

Hello Scott,

Thank you for the reply.

To put my condition in perspective, two years back, I have been struck with severe and prolonged emotional stress, which I'm still to date wading against its adversity. It has truly left me enfeebled and mentally burnt out, not to mention the sever depression that became like a shadow that accompanies me even in extreme darkness. Unfortunately, the reverberation of the mental status is such a powerful magnet that it was inviting unpleasant events one after another since then.

I'm not a qualified therapist nor even close to that, but from the myriad reading that I have done incessantly for over a year now, I can confidently assume that what I'm dealing with here is one form or other of Post-traumatic stress disorder or (PTSD).

In theory, which I'm sure you are better informed about, depressed and emotionally stressed individuals have their right hemi physiologically super activated, this physiological activation though does not necessarily reflect proper or higher right hemispherical functioning. Under this condition and in response to the right physiological activation, the performance of the left hemi subsides dramatically for several reasons. This is an excellent study I have gone through that delineates the above theory in details: http://www.rjews.net/v_rotenberg/rig...l#.VQ9ZNfnF98F

My experience with my brain functioning during the said bout was truly a reflection to this theory. I used to experience inexplicable activation in the right side of my head, and serious general cognition dis-functioning.

I found a great relief from auditory asymmetric sessions that targets the left hemi with fast beta and the right hemi with alpha and smr. Slow waves sessions for both hemis overwhelm me and leave me completely dismally in despair. The fast waves for the right hemi causes notable physical discomfort and anxiety. (feel like the waves rupturing my right head side)

I probably have failed to figure how to (please allow me to borrow your terminology) "hemifield photic" stimulate. After several sessions I have decided this might not work for me at the current time. Since the visual cortex is larger than the auditory cortex, and since I failed to stimulate asymmetrically, I would simply theorize that when I used slow waves, my both hemi have been impacted dramatically, and when I used fast waves, my right hemi aggravated the negative physiological activation.

I'll tweak a new session to take in consideration the parameters suggested by Joe for the SS tracks and by you for the ganzframes and see where I could go with that.

Inspired by the picture of the glasses you attached in your post, I remember I have came across one led glasses has an interesting led distribution layout that might be in great interest for this implementations. You might be will familiar with it. Would be awesome if mindplace can design and release a similar one in the near future.

Apology for being lengthy and thank you for the usual and unremitting support.

Warmest regards
    Ahmad
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Asymmetric Photic Stimulation

those glasses they are only good if you want to work on something like read etc ..for eyes close they are not very bright

Thread Information