Thread: Procyon not effective for me

Default Procyon not effective for me

hello all i purchased a mindplace product "the procyon" i have been using the product since 3 months but its not effecting me at all its just showing me blinking lights and all i have tried multiple sessions but none of them is helping me out i have mild adhd and anxiety problem i came to know abt mind machine thats why i buy it neither i m being effected in any way nor i see any visuals as told by other people at amazon reviews and all.

what should i do its been 3 months now and no effect of the machine on me should i wait more???? please anyone help me..

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon not effective for me

Hello Oliver;

Please have a read through this excellent article.

http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...=4819#post4819
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

The thing about reviews is they are skewed either toward people who have a great immediate experience and love the product or people who have a product issue or disappointing experience and hate the product. All reviews for products on Amazon for instance are like this. Very rarely do you hear from people who used a product over a period of time and it became a routine, enjoyable part of their lives. A forum like this where customers come for tech support help or to find add ons to the product, are really the same way. The vast middle is under-represented.

So. let's start with the basics. Would you say that you have benefitted from sitting down, being quiet and relaxing, that is taking the beginning steps toward a meditation program? It is a key benefit of the Procyon that it gives you the opportunity to have structured time for inner focus without having to wonder what to do while just sitting there.

After you answer this then we can look at how the experience can become more immersive.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

i cannot fell any kind of relaxation morever flashing lights just irritate me and after the ssesiion i feel even more irritated that i wasted 1 hr or 30 min on a useless stuff

is there any method for seeing visuals and all to look at some particular spot and all

Blog Entries

The biggest barrier to beginning meditation is overcoming the need to 'do' something or 'feel' something or 'achieve' something. Meditation is generally the very opposite of this. It is an activity where you 'let go' of something, 'relax into' something, 'be present in the moment', not anticipate a future reward.

The activity of meditation by itself can paradoxically be a 'shock' and depending on the person, even irritating and painful at first. Because your mind races, your body twitches, itches and hurts even. Unpleasant thoughts can come to the surface. The ego rebels. Many people internally fear this quiet time more than anything else.

That is the first wave like when you jump into a swimming pool and the water is shockingly cold. After a short time your perception adjusts and the water is pleasant, and the fun begins.

I think you might get nearer to an experience that is desirable if you do several simple meditation experiences, without the lights, maybe with just music. Let yourself overcome this first wave. Once you are able to relax and flow into the non-activity of meditation, then reintroducing the lights as an enhancement will be beneficial.

It is of course frustrating when we have a certain preconception and insist that this be the standard of success. It doesn't make any difference sometimes how long or how many times we try to manifest this image. Often a fundamental shift in perception is first needed.

Read this thread: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...Love-my-Kasina or this one: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...cyon-no-effect for ideas on how visuals start to appear.

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information