Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bells of Europa

1. Post The Bells of Europa

The Bells of Europa
    Ringing over the icy winds of Jupiter's frozen moon, what do the Bells of Europa herald?

This is a 25 minute Audiostrobe session set to an original musical soundscape created using a vintage Moog synthesiser, an assortment of guitar pedals and post production effects.

This is my first attempt at creating an Audiostrobe session - feedback for improvement is most welcome.

2. Default Re: The Bells of Europa

Thanks for your effort. Will let you know once I have tried it.

3. Default Re: The Bells of Europa

Thanks Mind Voyager, I hope you enjoy it. I should probably warn people that there are some pretty extreme sounds in there - it is definitely a soundscape rather than a relaxing ambient type track. If it was a spectrastrobe track it would fit under the category of Mind Art.
    Last edited by zu_king; 03-15-2015 at 03:54 PM.

4. Default Re: The Bells of Europa

Quote Originally Posted by zu_king View Post
    Thanks Mind Voyager, I hope you enjoy it. I should probably warn people that there are some pretty extreme sounds in there - it is definitely a soundscape rather than a relaxing ambient type track. If it was a spectrastrobe track it would fit under the category of Mind Art.

yeah I listened. It is a bit eerie sounding.I just need to try it with the kasina or proteus to see the patterns but haven't got round to it. To be honest I prefer relaxing ambient tracks but i appreciate anyone making and sharing tracks. I will try it with the kasina later on and see what it is like with the flashing lights.

5. Default Re: The Bells of Europa

Thanks for listening and for the feedback, MV. Eerie is a good description. The session was not designed with relaxation in mind. It is challenging and I can see how it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Bells of Europa

Music is a very subjective thing and people have different reactions. There is never a right or wrong answer.

However, I like deep challenging pieces much more than wishy, washy New Age clap-trap. That's me. My psychonaut nature likes to be taken somewhere. When I watched 2001: A Space Odyssey when I was a kid that was it for me.

This piece reminds me of that feeling, of obscurity and desolation in deep space.

I like it. Do you what you do, what moves you and know that some will come along for the ride.

Best,
    Scott
    Last edited by neuroasis; 03-17-2015 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Misnamed one of my favorite movies... I'm sorry Stanley.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

7. Default Re: The Bells of Europa

Thanks Scott, I'm glad you liked it. Light-wise I have a lot to learn. I tried a few suggestions you gave in an earlier thread. Some of the things I wanted to do seemed impossible in NP3 due to the lack of zoom - which on a 25 min track would be very handy. I have subsequently thought of some possible ways around this limitation, which I'll try next time.

Blog Entries

Yeah, the lack of zoom is a major hindrance. What is probably the best approach is to work on sections that are factors (like 10x) less than the final length that you intend. Then use the session scaling options to get the final duration.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

9. Default Re: The Bells of Europa

Quote Originally Posted by zu_king View Post
    Thanks for listening and for the feedback, MV. Eerie is a good description. The session was not designed with relaxation in mind. It is challenging and I can see how it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.
    I enjoyed it more by using it with the kasina than listening to it alone. I look forward to more of your work.

Will this work on the Procyon? Also cannot use track if cannot download it. I read somewhere that it will not turn on the lights unless it is downloaded then played.

Thread Information