Thread: Is it possible to stuff up your day with light and sound?

1. Default Is it possible to stuff up your day with light and sound?

The reason I ask this is that I've noticed recently that I've been having more and more trouble getting up in the morning.

Today was particularly bad, and I was playing with Delta last night.

I thought there wouldn't be much of an issue playing with Delta if I were going to sleep anyway, but I'm so zonked today.

Is this a common thing?

I'm feeling like I'm going to start having to counter any work I do with deeper states with a morning session of Beta or something - which sounds a bit like countering the side-effects of one drug by taking another.

Has anyone noticed this kind of thing while using light and sound?

Regards
    Caleb

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is it possible to stuff up your day with light and sound?

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    The reason I ask this is that I've noticed recently that I've been having more and more trouble getting up in the morning.

Today was particularly bad, and I was playing with Delta last night.

I thought there wouldn't be much of an issue playing with Delta if I were going to sleep anyway, but I'm so zonked today.

Is this a common thing?
    No.

Did you use one of the preset programs or did you do something on your own? If you did something on your own, what did you do and how long did you do it for?

It's possible that you went into a very deep sleep and you woke up too soon - before your body actually wanted to. Kind of like when someone takes a sleeping pill and doesn't allow a full 8 hours of sleep.

I'm feeling like I'm going to start having to counter any work I do with deeper states with a morning session of Beta or something - which sounds a bit like countering the side-effects of one drug by taking another.
    Again, it depends on what you are doing. If you use the preset program for sleep once - you should be fine. If you run that same program for hours, I don't know, that may not be a reasonable thing to do. Or if you set the L&S machine to .5hz for a long time - again, that may not be a reasonable thing to do. Moderation is the key - too much of anything - even the most safe substances on earth - can cause a problem when used in excess.

Has anyone noticed this kind of thing while using light and sound?
    I've seen people drowsy after a hypnosis session, especially if they went deep. It lasts a few minutes but not all day. All day tells me that you really do need more sleep.

M.

3. Default Re: Is it possible to stuff up your day with light and sound?

Well I didn't really mean stuff up your whole day - it was just an expression. Some people would say sleeping in for a couple of hours would stuff up your whole day.

I have spent the day yawning and I feel a little sluggish so maybe the expression could apply to me a little more literally.

The session was self-constructed to the fairly basic specifications I put in my post "Body Asleep, Mind Awake". I may have altered it slightly from my brief there, but it would have been very similar.

I have read that if you go to deep states you usually need to have a climb back to a more everyday state like low beta before you stop to make sure you're not mentally sluggish, but I didn't think that would be necessary if the session was to be followed by sleep.

It may be a coincidence here though as there are a few other things that may explain my sluggishness and inability to wake properly in general including diet and dehydration etc... Dehydration I think really is a problem with me at the moment - I'm not drinking as much as I need to during the day, and there's no doubt that I would benefit from some supplimentary vitamin intake.

I was asking mainly to see if anyone was aware of this kind of thing occurring. I know I'm fairly sensitive to some chemicals for example - antihistamine can put me out like a light and on the flip side I can be very sensitive to pseudoephadrine and caffeine. Is it possible to be overly sensitive to entrainment or does that not make any sense?

Regards
    Caleb

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is it possible to stuff up your day with light and sound?

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Well I didn't really mean stuff up your whole day - it was just an expression. Some people would say sleeping in for a couple of hours would stuff up your whole day.
    Is that an Auzzie saying?

I have read that if you go to deep states you usually need to have a climb back to a more everyday state like low beta before you stop to make sure you're not mentally sluggish, but I didn't think that would be necessary if the session was to be followed by sleep.
    You are correct, if you are planning on going to sleep after the session, it's not a good idea to put Beta into the session at the end. You only want to do that if you want to be more awake and alert after the session. In the case where you felt groggy in the morning, you could counter it by doing a short Beta session - regardless of the cause of your groggy feeling.

It may be a coincidence here though as there are a few other things that may explain my sluggishness and inability to wake properly in general including diet and dehydration etc... Dehydration I think really is a problem with me at the moment - I'm not drinking as much as I need to during the day, and there's no doubt that I would benefit from some supplementary vitamin intake.
    Dehydration definitely causes fatigue, so does low iron. A deficiency in protein, B12 and some amino acids can also cause brain fog. Regardless of the cause, if you ever feel this way again, run the "Attention Booster" 15 minute program. That may wake you up.

Something else that is interesting regarding mental fatigue, it has been suggested that 10 to 15 minutes in Theta is helpful as it resets the sodium/potassium leaves which relieves mental fatigue. This kind of fatigue would be caused by stress (which upsets the brain's chemical balance).

I was asking mainly to see if anyone was aware of this kind of thing occurring. I know I'm fairly sensitive to some chemicals for example - antihistamine can put me out like a light and on the flip side I can be very sensitive to pseudoephadrine and caffeine. Is it possible to be overly sensitive to entrainment or does that not make any sense?
    Well everyone's brain is different and it's possible that you could react very quickly to brain entrainment - however - I don't think that would cause fatigue or drowsiness especially after a night's sleep. It would make more sense if you were playing around with Beta ranges before going to sleep because then I'd say that your brain was unable to settle down and go into a deep sleep - which would leave you feeling groggy in the morning.

I suppose you could experiment with it and try that program again (on a day where you felt good) and see if the same thing happened.

M.

Thread Information