Thread: Biofeedback Devices - question 2

Default Biofeedback Devices - question 2

I am still reading and looking for a device to improve my learning strategy.

I observed that Procyon, Proteus and Sirius are quite similar and none of then have any kind of sensor to measure any biophysical or body variations.
    How we can certainly know that the brain waves have been changed to the level we expected.
    The Procyon has 50 programs, it is amazing.

Should the Procyon and the others have a sensor similar to EEG and send the signal back to the device?

Regards

Blog Entries

Default Re: Biofeedback Devices - question 2

As mentioned in the previous thread the Proteus and the ThoughtStream can work hand in hand. The reason that this machine was picked for this feature is that it has the most simple session structure for light patterns. Also as mentioned software like NeuroProgrammer or Mind Workstation can work along with the ThoughtStream and our light and sound devices, as well as other biosensors, like EEGs, heart monitors, etc.

You can do many things with a relatively affordable combination of the ThoughtStream, a Proteus, a Neurosky MindWave mobile, and NeuroProgrammer or preferably Mind Workstation. Total investment is around $500 - $600. The ThoughtStream and Proteus combination itself is very powerful, with a lot less to learn.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want.

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    Last edited by neuroasis; 02-19-2015 at 02:39 PM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Neiroasis, Thanks again.

Do we need Proteus to make ThoughtStream work? How about if someone has Procyon?

Blog Entries

The ThoughtStream works only with the Proteus, yes. It is due to the simplicity of the sessions and the serial port on the Proteus. If anyone wonders why that port is still around on the Proteus, the ThoughtStream connection is one big reason.

Of course, with NP3 or MWS you can use the ThoughtStream with any of our machines.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

One thing worth mentioning, is that you can send the audio tone out of the ThoughtStream into the AUX port of the Kasina. With the Mod KBS feature, you can then add stimulation frequencies to this along with a KBS session. That way, the pitch of the stimulation is controlled by the ThoughtStream.

Thread Information