Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PC not recognising my usb or micro card

Default Re: PC not recognising my usb or micro card

I played it on Kasina and flicked through the colour options in audiostrobe. That's my USB not working again. It must be faulty as it was suddenly recognised and showed under the computer and I was able to download Requiem but when I went to connect again to download some more it says its not recognised.
    I am death to electrical gadgets and electronics.
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

Check other devices by plugging them into the same ports you are having trouble with. That would help narrow if this issue is confined to the Kasina or not.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

I have discovered that there is a fault Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant host ...
    The pc tried to reinstall the drivers but said there is a fault and I have to consult device manufacturer. The same lead that worked is now tempramental sometimes being recognised and sometimes not....but it has the yellow triangle by device manager and none of the suggestions work.
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

That is a Firewire card... 1394 that is. It should be unrelated to this issue. The best thing to do is establish that the USB ports work. Try hooking up a drive, flash drive, camera, scanner.. anything USB and verify that those ports work.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    That is a Firewire card... 1394 that is. It should be unrelated to this issue. The best thing to do is establish that the USB ports work. Try hooking up a drive, flash drive, camera, scanner.. anything USB and verify that those ports work.

Yes, they all work. My external hard drive is instantly recognised in all of them.
    when I tried the lead that worked it worked straight away although I am sure I had tried it before with no joy.
    it must be something intermittent as I was able to access and download Requiem with no problem but when I tried to repeat it....I was back to square one.
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

So if you put Requiem on the Kasina, right?, then why are you wanting to put it on there again? Just as a test?

Blog Entries

I don't have a Kasina in front of me, but I believe that the Kasina will only show up as a USB drive when you DON'T have the Kasina in USB mode (top right icon on the main screen). As non-intuitive as that sounds, when it's in USB mode, it's using the USB connection for audio, not for file transfers.

If someone could verify this for me, that would be great!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    So if you put Requiem on the Kasina, right?, then why are you wanting to put it on there again? Just as a test?
    No Scot, I meant go on then and add some more tracks.

Andy "I don't have a Kasina in front of me, but I believe that the Kasina will only show up as a USB drive when you DON'T have the Kasina in USB mode (top right icon on the main screen). As non-intuitive as that sounds, when it's in USB mode, it's using the USB connection for audio, not for file transfers.

If someone could verify this for me, that would be great! "

Hi Andy,
    I thought that must be the answer and that maybe the one time it worked perfectly ok I had inadvertently forgotten to put it into USB mode...but no...
    It did look promising this morning when the pc said it was searching for drivers...then it came back that it was an unidentified device,
    Life is but a dream

Is there any software that I can re-install? Everything is working..by that I mean that all ports are working and the Kasina is charging and so it is recognising the pc. The PC is recognising that something is plugged in but it does not have the drivers for it.
    Life is but a dream

It's ok. I tried again to use my micro card but the pc was not recognising it either. I Googled and apparently some micro-cards are not recognised if someone has upgraded from Vista to windows 7 and I have windows 7. Anyway, I went up to the local pc shop where the man had the card working perfectly so I think the fault is in my old PC.
    I shall be getting a new one in the summer as this one is on its last legs. I will simply use the micro-card instead of the USB until I get an upgrade. It's quicker anyway.
    Thanks for all the help. I dare say I shall be back with more queries lol.
    I have bought small coloured stickers and going to highlight all the different progs on the booklet so I can see at a glance which ones are alpha etc.
    Life is but a dream

Thread Information