Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PC not recognising my usb or micro card

Default PC not recognising my usb or micro card

Hello there
    I was wanting to download Requiem to my Kasina but the microcard is not being recognised by my pc. The usb is recognised by my Kasina and lights up and charges but no sign of it on my pc. Any suggestions? I have tried different ports.
    Thanks in advance
    Alison
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

Default Re: PC not recognising my usb or micro card

Rebooting the PC often clears up any locked USB ports. I've noticed at times that the AVS Charge process (which charges the battery) can stick a port.

Otherwise, do you see the USB icon on the Kasina interface available or is it grayed out?
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

No, its not grayed out and appears to be charging ok. Also it makes the noise when connected as though the pc is recognising it but it's not showing up anywhere.
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

I suppose you looked under My Computer to see if Kasina SD is listed among the devices? And did you reboot?
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

yes, did both If its showing up as charging and the Kasina is showing up that the USB is operational....does that mean its the right sort of USB?
    I have so many different chargers here but that's just a thought.
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

That's a good point. There is a type of USB cable (mainly for phone chargers) that carries charge signal only and not data which the Kasina requires to mount USB or the Kasina AVS audio device. So try another cable. Also, under the Sound Control panel do you see the Kasina AVS audio device?

:Hurrayyyy
    I tried 6 different cables and several different ports til I took out the port that my expansion drive was using as obviously that was not faulty and hey presto!!
    Thanks very much for the help. I will now put a coloured marker on my USB so I don't have this problem again.
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

That's good news. So it was the port or the cable?

I think I must have been using the wrong cable. However, that's it working now and Requiem was truly spectacular!
    Well worth fiddling about for.
    Are those sessions just for entertainment and what brainwaves do they use? The colours were phenomenal.
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

I don't know the answer to that as I am not aware of the exact structure of the session. Robert might know.

Entertainment probably, most all of the AudioStrobe titles emphasis bursts of patterns over static frequencies. If you played on the Kasina then which ColorPreset did you use? That would effect the colors.

Thread Information