Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PC not recognising my usb or micro card

Blog Entries

Default Re: PC not recognising my usb or micro card

All drivers should install automatically. It sounds like there is a deeper issue with your PC USB ports. Depending on what you have plugged in, external hard drive with no extra power adapter for instance, you might be drawing too much power from the USB bus and making it unstable. These types of things are hard to troubleshoot. It is why you isolate the Kasina as the only device using USB, to test. You probably already did that.

One thing that I thought could be possible is that your micro-SD in the Kasina became unlatched. You can see that it has a spring mechanism in it that you can push in and out. So, it could look like it was loaded when really it wasn't and was make intermittent contact. Push it in fully to be sure it is latched. You might have already tried this, but always simple things first.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Yes, tried all them but I am quite happy now as I can download stuff via this new external card reader. It will be a problem with my old PC.
    I have downloaded progs before onto the Kasina to listen to with colour organ and also downloaded a prog from one of our contributors here on the forum with no problems.
    However, today I tried to download a couple, one from here on the forum and one I downloaded from you tube and it said I have to take the name off it before I could use it?
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

Who gave that message? Windows? Kasina? What is the file name and what type of file? Must be an mp3 or wav. Some files on the forum are Mind Workstation or NeuroProgrammer files. Something downloaded from YouTube is an unknown depending on how you downloaded it.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Yes, Kasina when I tried to place the file (from desktop) into Kasina in the folder.
    I also tried with this one see below as it's been given to the site to try but it said it was named which I take to mean under copyright. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I have just been saving the mp3 on my desk top. What's sound cloud when it's at home?

http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ey-Theta-Delta
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

SoundCloud depends on what the original upload format was. Mostly mp3. The name shouldn't have anything to do with copyrights. Thalassa's file in an mp3.

Yes Thalassa's file in an mp3. But when I try to put that in my Kasina it says This disk is write protected. Remove the write protection or use another disk.

Ah, got it now. It's the disk itself that is write protected not the mp3.
    I will now go and look up how to conquer that.
    Last edited by Moonchild; 02-19-2015 at 07:53 AM.
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

There's a little slide switch that write protects the card. You need to disable this. Here are instructions: http://www.instructables.com/id/Remo...n-a-Micro-SD./

Done it! Thanks again Scott. Your patience is commendable.
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

So all's well then?

Yes, hunky dory for the time being!!!
    Will listen to Thalassa's MP3 then give her some feedback.
    Life is but a dream

Thread Information