Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Procyon stops after +- 80 minutes

1. Default Re: My Procyon stops after +- 80 minutes

Hi Marisa,

I was thinking more along the lines of an actual script being interrupted.

I'm not sure of all the possibilities that could be in a script that you run, but is it feasible that you could be in the middle of setting something up via suggestion and an interruption to that bringing negative results?

My imagination is running rampant with the "When I click my fingers you will come out of the trance!" not actually occurring - or any other more realistic script finalisation etc...

If I had some important words that needed to be heard towards the end of the script to finalise the session, my instinct would be to make sure that those words were heard, but I don't know if there's a possibility of negative impact to the subject in the situation that it doesn't happen.

Regards
    Caleb

Blog Entries

Default Re: trance interruption

Hi Caleb,

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Hi Marisa,

I was thinking more along the lines of an actual script being interrupted.
    No harm. The person would naturally come out of the trance. No ill effects, especially if it's self hypnosis.

I'm not sure of all the possibilities that could be in a script that you run, but is it feasible that you could be in the middle of setting something up via suggestion and an interruption to that bringing negative results?
    Well in a counseling situation using hypnosis/NLP, I could get a person to bring up a troubling memory and if they came out of the trance before we could add resources, then I would either re-induce the trance or I would take them through an NLP procedure and finish what I started. This is not something that you'll ever have to worry about because your situation is different.

For what you want (and in all cases) it's important to use positive language and tell the mind what you want (as opposed to telling it what you don't want).

If you come out of the trance half way through your OBE script, you'll be fine. There is no possibility of leaving yourself disconnected half way through as the astral will always return to the body - with or without being commanded when you are about to wake up. If that was a concern. Again, at worst - you may feel slightly disorientated and need to sit for a few minutes. You may feel out of sorts and that will be corrected as soon as you either go back into a trance or go to sleep. Any uncomfortable effects are temporary.

My imagination is running rampant with the "When I click my fingers you will come out of the trance!" not actually occurring - or any other more realistic script finalisation etc...
    In stage hypnosis, the person's trance is constantly being interrupted and then put under again. The only effect that happens with doing this is each time the person is interrupted and put back into a trance, the trance deepens. For some people, it brings them out of the trance completely and they usually end up returning to their seats. There are no lasting effects on the participant in a stage show.

A post hypnotic suggestion, is a suggestion given at the end of a session that is to be carried out after the person exits the trance state. It is like a hidden little program in the person's mind that will activate when the trigger is set off. However, the unconscious mind will refuse the command if what is asked goes against the person's values or beliefs, so you can never give someone a post hypnotic or hypnotic suggestion to, for example, kill someone (unless they have it in them to do so).

A good post hypnotic suggestion to give yourself may be something like: "And anytime I wish to experience being out of my body, I will easily and comfortably be able to slip in and out of this state at will." And/or "Upon awakening I will always feel alert and in the best mood I've ever experienced."

You can brain wash someone to do horrible things but that is a totally different procedure which is much more complicated than simple hypnosis.

If I had some important words that needed to be heard towards the end of the script to finalise the session, my instinct would be to make sure that those words were heard, but I don't know if there's a possibility of negative impact to the subject in the situation that it doesn't happen.
    You can always put those words in the beginning, repeat them in the middle and then also at the end. So even in the middle of the session, you can add - for example - "When it's time to come out of my trance, I will remember everything I have experienced with clarity and detail." From there you can continue what you were talking about. For example: after you say that, "You will now go deeper and the deeper you allow yourself to go, the easier it will be to connect with that part of your mind that runs the OBE experiences....".

If you are unsure of the wording in your script, it is an open offer for you to run it by me either privately or on the forum.

Your questions are good ones and very valid. I'm sure there are others who are wondering the same thing so continue to ask away.

M.
    Last edited by Marisa; 05-07-2007 at 06:47 PM. Reason: wanted to add something

3. Default Re: My Procyon stops after +- 80 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Austin View Post
    Hi Carlos--we extended the AS shutdown time to 80 minutes, in order to accomodate most of the longer CDs now on the market. This is normal and is intended to conserve battery life, for those who have fallen asleep during the session.

Do you think we should extend this period? If so, how long?

-Robert
    Hi Robert
    I use Neuro-Programmer 2 Professional with music compilations more and less 150 m.
    It's possible cut the instruction to shutdown the Procyon when connected via USB?
    Regards
    Carlos

4. Default Re: My Procyon stops after +- 80 minutes

I'm with Carlos - I don't use batteries if I can help it. Hate them for things like this. I'm plugged into the wall or into my laptop most of the time.

I reckon battery users should just suffer if they fall asleep.

OK - maybe that's a bit harsh (ya think?), but is it possible to detect the device being powered through the USB and make the decision based on that as Carlos has asked? I don't know if I'll want to build sessions over 80 minutes using something like Brainwave Generator (or NP2 if I decide to buy it in the end), but it is feasible in the future.

Regards
    Caleb

Blog Entries

Default Re: My Procyon stops after +- 80 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I'm with Carlos - I don't use batteries if I can help it. Hate them for things like this. I'm plugged into the wall or into my laptop most of the time.

I reckon battery users should just suffer if they fall asleep.
    So the shut off feature is actually a good thing then.

OK - maybe that's a bit harsh (ya think?), but is it possible to detect the device being powered through the USB and make the decision based on that as Carlos has asked?
    Not harsh at all. I think that is a good suggestion.

For all you battery users out there - think rechargeable!

M.

Thread Information