Thread: eyestrain

Default eyestrain

As a new owner of the Procyon LS Mind Machine I am excited about the potential for mind expansion.

However my early experiments have left me with a rather extreme case of eyestrain to the point of having trouble focusing. This is after using the unit with the visual control turned to a lower setting. This is distressing to the point of where I wonder if I will be able to keep the unit.

Anyone else having this problem?

Blog Entries

Default Re: eyestrain

Hi Harold,

Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    As a new owner of the Procyon LS Mind Machine I am excited about the potential for mind expansion.

However my early experiments have left me with a rather extreme case of eyestrain to the point of having trouble focusing. This is after using the unit with the visual control turned to a lower setting. This is distressing to the point of where I wonder if I will be able to keep the unit.

Anyone else having this problem?
    That's really odd. Eye strain is caused by trying to see something beyond what your eyes are capable of seeing or staring at something too long. Are you keeping your eyes closed? Hmmm do you also experience this problem in any other circumstances such as when driving at night or watching TV for a few hours?

M.

Don't watch TV for hours at at time. Can't think of anything else causing this. Got a headache the first time that I used the unit. Since then, anything beyond the short sessions give me a "soreness" behind the eyeballs. Yesterday, after using it for a longer session the night before, I was actually having trouble focusing at times. And yes, I do keep my eyes closed during the sessions.

Blog Entries

Hi Harold,

Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    Don't watch TV for hours at at time. Can't think of anything else causing this. Got a headache the first time that I used the unit. Since then, anything beyond the short sessions give me a "soreness" behind the eyeballs. Yesterday, after using it for a longer session the night before, I was actually having trouble focusing at times. And yes, I do keep my eyes closed during the sessions.
    Some people are so light sensitive that any flickering light will bother them. You can still get benefit though from the sound aspect of the machine.

A further option is to set up your machine so that it uses the Ganzfeld feature where you have the color but it does not flash. The last page of your manual tells you how to do this. If you are interested in using more of that feature and need help on setting it up, let me know and I'll see what further information I can find you or I'll put you in contact with Robert.

Ultimately, using the machine should provide you with a pleasurable experience.

M.

5. Default Re: eyestrain

I also experience this when I began to use my procyon. The headache(upon first use), then the eyestrain.
    I finally figured out what was causing the problem, for me at least. I was straining to keep my eyelids closed! during the seesions I kept getting the urge to open them.

turning the brightness down slightly, and I learned to relax them by "looking around", and focusing on one area of the field for small periods of time, also looking down periodically gives the eyes a momentary rest (still keeping your eyes closed, of course), also letting your eyes naturally position themselves. I think we all tend to look up when we have the machine on, I also think all new user try too hard too focus on the center, let your eyes wander, you may find it helps.

your eyes will get accustom to the machine and start to relax by themselves, as they do, gradually turn the brightness to a desired level.
    good luck!,
    let me know how it goes!
    Last edited by pianissimo69; 03-05-2007 at 11:22 AM. Reason: additional info

Thanks,
    Will try your suggestions. More later.

I have a similar experience the first time. I think I was trying to keep my eyes centered. Since I have my eyes closed, if I just relax, where will my eyes go?

Blog Entries

Hi Art,

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    I have a similar experience the first time. I think I was trying to keep my eyes centered. Since I have my eyes closed, if I just relax, where will my eyes go?
    Yes, relax and let your eyes follow the patterns. You may also want to turn down the lights slightly until you are more accustomed to the machine.

M.

9. Default Re: eyestrain

Yes - I wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with you actually straining underneath your eyelids and not knowing it.

Your eyes can still be actively moving around even when closed and I do find sometimes that because the flickering/colors "appears" different depending on where your eyes are, sometimes you can be moving around - trying to find a "sweet spot" or something.

I haven't really experienced eye strain as such, but I have noticed a tendency for me to start doing this, especially when I'm not seeing vivid colors or am expecting a flickering that I'm not really seeing.

Regards
    Caleb

Thread Information