Thread: How do I play an AudioStrobe encoded mp3 on the Procyon?

Question How do I play an AudioStrobe encoded mp3 on the Procyon?

I downloaded some AudioStrobe encoded mp3's and played them on the Procyon but the glasses don't light up. I tried all the various modes.

Blog Entries

Default Re: How do I play an AudioStrobe encoded mp3 on the Procyon?

Are these AudioStrobe tracks that you made into MP3 format yourself? Sometimes if the conversion settings are not right, the encoding process removes some of the AudioStrobe signals.

Have you tried any of the AudioStrobe tracks from the Sessions forum here?

Have you tried adjusting the volume control on the Procyon when in AS mode? That affects the sensitivity of the AudioStrobe detection circuit.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

You want to be in AS mode on the Procyon. From the SES mode, press the middle button 5 times. The display will read AS. Note there are 2 different kinds of AudioStrobe decoding on the Procyon. A digital mode and an analog mode. You can select between these by pressing the bottom button while in AS mode. The display will read dL9 (actually a g) or AnL. Most people prefer analog for a bit more interesting tracking of the AudioStrobe signal.

AudioStrobe is also sensitive to the volume of the source. I suggest you download a free trial of NeuroProgrammer 3 from Transparent Corp to set up your Procyon for AudioStrobe. It has a nice friendly wizard. Then you can continue to use it or not at your preference. http://www.transparentcorp.com/products/np/download.php

You can also create AudioStrobe with my free template for Gnuaral here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...robe-templates Gnaural is free.

Here are some free AudioStrobe tracks: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...Your-Enjoyment

Let us know that you have gotten it to work satisfactorily.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

I downloaded Pax Relax, Ritual Devotion SS, Midnight Level One Meditation, Chromatic Emergence, Oceamniotic and The Wheel I and II.

I am using mode AS.

I get a few lights here and there on Oceamniotic, but no lights at all on any of the others.

Blog Entries

What device are you using to play the files?
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Here is an AudioStrobe test file. The lights flash at 10hz and an isochronic tone is included.

Here are the tests:

Both light channels on for 15 seconds - default red and green
    Left light channel on for 15 seconds - default red lights
    Right light channel on for 15 seconds - default green lights
    Flashing intensity reduced from full flicker to no flicker over 30 seconds
    Light brightness reduced from full to 0 over 30 seconds

Run this file and tell me your results.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by neuroasis; 01-26-2015 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks for all the responses. I didn't get a notification of a reply so I didn't see your test file until just now. I'll have to check my forum settings.

In the meantime, I had ordered a CD from the Mindplace website (Brian Scan). Again, the strobe didn't light up. I am playing the CD from my computer. The other files I downloaded I had tried from both my iphone and my computer. From my computer I used both iTunes and Windows Media Player.

So naturally I was very disappointed and none too happy. But I decided to go through everything again one last time before emailing support...

And finally found a way to get the strobe to work in AS mode! I switched to analog. For some reason it's not doing the strobe in digital. And I was sure I had tried that before along with every other mode.

Whew! I'm so relieved that I can play these other recordings I bought.

After playing with it some more, I discovered WHY it didn't work the first time I tested it in AS analog mode -- it only works with the volume turned up high! When I tried to adjust the volume down, the lights went off.

Why is this? I'd like to be able to listen at a lower volume.

Blog Entries

The volume control on the Procyon when in AS mode controls the sensitivity to the AS signal, not the volume. Turn the volume up all the way on the Procyon and then adjust the volume on your music player until you get a decent response from the lights on the Ganzframes. If you're finding at that point that the volume of the AS music is too low, turn up the volume of your player and then turn down the sensitivity (volume control) on the Procyon until you get a good response from the lights on the Ganzframes.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information