Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any euphoria causing sessions on the kasina?

1. Default Any euphoria causing sessions on the kasina?

I am looking to get a euphoric feeling from a session and read online somewhere that 0.9 hz is good for that. But I looked through the kasina manual and didn't see any sessions that contained 0.9 hz. So my question is are there any sessions that come on the kasina that can help you reach a euphoric state?

2. Default Re: Any euphoria causing sessions on the kasina?

I personally find high alpha / low beta quite relaxing/euphoria inducing, kind of like a deep brain massage that I can really relax into.

Best thing I can think of would be to use something like gnaural and start playing with different frequencies till you find your personal sweet spot for a given purpose.

I have found lately I really like the "Relax" session in the rejuvenate category I believe, though I am not totally sure what frequencies it targets.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Any euphoria causing sessions on the kasina?

I agree with Jameth. High alpha is the range that most people will resonate with quickly.

Now having said that 0.9hz which might as well be 1hz....at 1hz binaurals and panning lights have a unique effect of appearing to spin. This can create mild or intense vertigo depending on the person. Whether that is euphoric or not depends on the individual. I like it for short periods.

Otherwise, that range is really, really slow for brainwaves. Good for color washes and spectrum shifting though.
    Last edited by neuroasis; 01-16-2015 at 01:41 PM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

4. Default Re: Any euphoria causing sessions on the kasina?

Ok thanks guys. Know of any sessions that are around 1hz that are pre-loaded on the kasina? Thanks for the help

5. Default Re: Any euphoria causing sessions on the kasina?

There aren't really any, because it would be pretty boring.

1hz is a rate of one time per second.

Flip your lightswitch in your room on and off once a second to get the same effect, and see that it would not make for a very enjoyable session.

Blog Entries

Or listen to a clock ticking... the only real use for 1hz is color ramps and fades. 1hz is very much programmed into our psyche because of the time aspect, but I doubt it has much psychoactive ability.

What is it that you are wanting to experiment with?
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

7. Default Re: Any euphoria causing sessions on the kasina?

Oh ok. Thanks for explaining Jameth and Neuroasis. And neuroasis, I am looking for something that will put me into a similar state like that of marijuana, but am not looking to damage my brain with chemicals. I would mainly like to experience the euphoria cannabis brings, and also the "loopy" thoughts. I have gotten the "loopy thoughts" from the kasina before, but just not the euphoria. Thanks for the help.

Blog Entries

Studies on cannabis effects have been underrepresented for a long time due to its Schedule 1 nature. This is slowly starting to change as medical marijuana and decriminalization statutes are introduced. Some studies indicate that cannabis highs are associated with increased alpha activity.

Here is one from 1973: http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF00421704

That being said, AVS is not a drug, in the sense that some irresponsible companies have marketed it as (iDoser I'm looking at you).

Many sessions on the Kasina feature complex alpha stimulation.

Overall, I think you would benefit the most by not thinking of the onboard sessions as a switch or trigger like say you would get from ingesting chemicals, but more so a journey, a vacation for the imagination, to explore new sights and sounds. The more deeply you become absorbed in the meditation and the further you move from your 'default' states of consciousness, the more potential interesting effects you experience.
    This ability grows over time, with joyous effort.

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    Last edited by neuroasis; 02-10-2015 at 05:05 AM.

Excellent points, Scott. I would also add that the 'mind art' sessions can be strongly consciousness-altering, though we have not specifically created sessions to attempt to mimic, say, the effects of cannabis. I live in Washington State, where we've had medical marijuana legal for some years (and over 70 shops in Seattle alone), and now it has also been legalized for adult use. There is a shop here on Orcas Island which sells it, maybe I should stop by and make some comparisons with AVS? :-)

10. Default Re: Any euphoria causing sessions on the kasina?

Thanks Scott. And haha at Robert, cannabis + kasina is quite an experience. Never compared the two though. And Scott, what are some sessions that contain the complex alpha stimulation that you are talking about. (btw thanks for the link, I will have to check it out) I have had wonderful experiences from the Kasina from lucid dreams to seeing sacred geometry but just never experienced euphoria. I have also gotten my heart rate down really really slow for some crazy relaxation. Thanks for all the help guys, I'm glad I chose the kasina over any of the other AVS machines out there. I always get good answers on this site.

Thread Information