Thread: What is the logic behind L-R marking on earphones/headphones?

Default What is the logic behind L-R marking on earphones/headphones?

What is the logic behind L-R marking on earphones/headphones? If I use earphones without any markings, do I lose the effect of my Kasina?

Default Re: What is the logic behind L-R marking on earphones/headphones?

Hello, Benbits, and welcome to our Forums.

It usually does not matter whether you have the left side of the earphones in your left ear (and vice versa), unless the audio is specifically intended for such use; for example, the hypno-peripheral processing approach of Dr. Lloyd Glauberman which places one voice in your left ear (intended for your right brain) and another in your right ear (intended for your left brain).

We generally place the carrier frequency for binaural beats in the left ear channel, but it should not matter if this is moved to your right ear, as it's the beats themselves that matter.

Enjoy!

Robert

3. Default Re: What is the logic behind L-R marking on earphones/headphones?

In one of the sessions I have made and use frequently, it would be pretty important.

It uses isochronic tones that vary slightly in frequency in each ear, and match up correspondingly to the visual stimulation.

So in that session, the left eye and ear may be at say 12 hz, and the the right eye and ear would be at 13.

You may end up with different subjective effects by swapping just the audio L/R.

Also I could imagine a spectrastrobe track that attempts to match a swooping sound from left to right, with a swooping left to right light effect, in that scenario, you would see the light from left to right, but hear the audio from right to left.

4. Default Re: What is the logic behind L-R marking on earphones/headphones?

One thing i would love to see is maybe different color plastic or a raised bump on one so when your fumbling around in the dark with these you can tell which ear it is.. I colored one with a sharpie to tell the difference

5. Default Re: What is the logic behind L-R marking on earphones/headphones?

Quote Originally Posted by benbits View Post
    What is the logic behind L-R marking on earphones/headphones? If I use earphones without any markings, do I lose the effect of my Kasina?

L stand for to wear in left ear and R stand for to wear in Right side ear.

https://www.findheadsets.com/wireless-headsets

Thread Information