Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Latest Bass HeadPhone with Bone Conduction

1. Default Re: Latest Bass HeadPhone with Bone Conduction

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    Looks pretty nice but expensive. One thing to consider is that for this type of 'bass cushion', the deep bass actually has to be present in the audio. Not everything will work. The iCush mentioned before is an audio follower which looks at the overall power across the spectrum. Any audio source will have some effect. This is not the case with bass cushions.

I have an old Aura bass cushion. It looks like now they only sell the transducers. I also have some of these from DaytonAudio.

If you haven't tried the Skullcandy Crusher headphones mentioned in this thread, then you might want to consider those. I like them a lot now and use them all the time with sessions.

Thanks for your feedback. I will keep looking out for the icush.

I have a couple of the aura bass cushions but don't like them as I find the bass distorts too much. Do you like the aura cushion?

Yes, I saw the aura transducer on a website, was thinking maybe that alone might be good for sound therapy as you can place it anywhere on the body.

Funny you should mention the skullcandy crusher headphones. After reading what you and others have said then I recently ordered some. I have read mixed reviews so did not go for an expensive pair.

Hopefully I will enjoy them as much as you, I was hesitant but haven't spent too much then If i do not like them then it won't be too much money lost.

Default Re: Latest Bass HeadPhone with Bone Conduction

Do not worry, If you are in US, they do offer money back if you do not like.

Here is another cheaper one.
    http://healingtools.tripod.com/WSR_bst2.html

Blog Entries

That's interesting Raj. That is the same transducer housing I have. Actually I have 2 of them and will study that link more to see if I can convert one.

I don't think the audio on the bass cushion is intended really to be heard, more so felt. There are adjustments on the unit to get a better level. I also run them through a headphone amplifier. Right now I use the Aura cushion for my legs and feet. I use the iCush for upper body and the Crushers for the head. The feet aspect is important I think as there are so many nerve endings in the feet.

In this scenario the audio quality has no relevance to me.

On the Crushers I understand that there was an older version and a new version. My experience is with the new version.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

5. Default Re: Latest Bass HeadPhone with Bone Conduction

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    That's interesting Raj. That is the same transducer housing I have. Actually I have 2 of them and will study that link more to see if I can convert one.

I don't think the audio on the bass cushion is intended really to be heard, more so felt. There are adjustments on the unit to get a better level. I also run them through a headphone amplifier. Right now I use the Aura cushion for my legs and feet. I use the iCush for upper body and the Crushers for the head. The feet aspect is important I think as there are so many nerve endings in the feet.

In this scenario the audio quality has no relevance to me.

On the Crushers I understand that there was an older version and a new version. My experience is with the new version.

I just find it annoying that this distorted bass leaks out as I would prefer not to hear it too much but as to the effect, When i put the aura cushion behind my back then it is just an inconsistent thumping bass(weaker with relaxing music) and does not feel like a therapeutic vibroacoustic effect and do not get any relaxation from it at all, I also didn't find the cushion comfortable. I will maybe give it another go in the future seeing as you are getting good use then I will unpack one of the cushions again and give it another try.
    Last edited by Mind Voyager; 03-30-2015 at 10:11 AM.

6. Default Re: Latest Bass HeadPhone with Bone Conduction

Quote Originally Posted by mctxp View Post
    Do not worry, If you are in US, they do offer money back if you do not like.
    I am not in the US Raj but I didn't pay full price and got them much reduced so it is not too big a risk money wise if I don't like them.

Blog Entries

Yeah, it really is uncomfortable to sit on. When I had it behind my back I used it on a mesh inversion table with it strapped on the rear. it worked really well for that. The newer version of the Teeter Hang Ups table has a vibration cushion add on available. So I had the right idea.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

8. Default Re: Latest Bass HeadPhone with Bone Conduction

Quote Originally Posted by mctxp View Post
    Yes I bought them recently. Still playing around with them.will update more.

Here is more cheaper solution.

http://ifeelu.co.kr/eng/html/sub02_01.html

EX2 video talks about "body-sonic" technology, is this in similar fashion to the neurophone Ultra-Sonic?

I know neurophone uses transducers to deliver sonic waves, is it the same case here? I understood from this thread that EX2 and CandySkull Crusher use bone induction transducers from which they generate the vibrations. does this hold true?

The idea of purchasing a neurophone has been resonating in my head for a while, it would be very fortunate for me to have been stumbled on this thread if those headphones can repress the exorbitantly priced neurophone.

Blog Entries

Bone conduction is not the same as the Neurophone technology, whatever that is exactly.

What is certain is that with the Neurophone there is an RF component. There are plans online available but from my research it does seem that to minimize distortion and provide for a wide range of frequencies, components with high tolerances are needed.

The Neurophone exists in that strange realm between myth and actuality. It has been available for decades. And yet you see no consumer technology (or medical even) utilizing the principle. I would imagine that Flanagan's ability to defend patents wouldn't stand up to a major player. That should cause one to wonder what exactly the full story is.

Like many I am curious but the prohibitive price (even their newer Indiegogo version) does not ever entice me to take the plunge.

The Crushers have a strong tactile experience. The Sensation55 driver that they developed for them resonates at 55hz which with powerful subwoofers is more felt than heard. I think they have succeeded in producing a set of headphones that produce low frequencies that you can feel throughout your body with low distortion and overall good balance across the spectrum.

For the $99 they are asking they are worth it. They have become my go to headphones for sessions.

Blog Entries

This is the most recent attempt to reverse engineer the Neurophone. From the guy's report it was even admitted by Flanagan that it was somewhat close. There is a big difference in the carrier waveform which seems important as well as better materials. I have all the parts but haven't made this yet.

https://neurophone.wordpress.com/

Thread Information