Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Latest Bass HeadPhone with Bone Conduction

Default Re: Latest Bass HeadPhone with Bone Conduction

Thanks. I must say I am not plagued by headaches. I think they may add to the whole experience. I always like trying something new I find some progs make me lose body awareness more than others but do enjoy discovering altered states .
    Just a case of seeing if I can afford them now ��
    Life is but a dream

Well I gopt my Skullcandy crushers and I am a bit disappointed. I am wondering if they are faulty. I was expecting to have very marked vibration going by what it says about them but I had to check many times if the battery was properly placed and the sliding dial up full. I tried them on several different songs on my ipad and although there is a slight difference, I would never have thought that they were bone conduction. Maybe I have indeed got a thick skull haha.
    I like them though so will not be sending them back.
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

Ah, I see on the other thread you started to discover how neat the headphones are. I was that way too. I don't normally listen to a lot of hip hop or 'bass' music as it is, so first exposure to normal music with frequencies mainly above 60hz or so was a bit underwhelming. Then I started to explore tracks that had those deep frequencies and wow it was a revelation.

Also, don't forget that some music especially mp3s need an equalizer applied to them to emphasize the bass frequencies. I found that natural sounds like PVC Pipe or OM Telephone Wire from Gordon Hempton had a lot of hidden bass frequencies. Or the NASA Voyager series is great too. A nice drum album is Rhythms of the Chakras Volumes 1 and 2 from Glen Velez.

So you have to have deep bass present in the music to really experience the Crushers. Watching sci-fi movies like Prometheus is cool too. I'm not really a gamer but I can see how the game would be enhanced.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Yes, I am the same not really listening to the kind of music that maybe would get the crushers going to start with. I would imagine with gaming they would be great. I tried them with some Runrig, Scottish band and they really took the pipes and drums out. I already have that cd by Glen Velez somewhere so will be looking it out. Thanks for the tip.
    I am so glad I bought them
    Life is but a dream

New phenomenon, I was using Skullcandy headphones while using Sota Magnetic Pulsar. I noticed i can hear sound like ding in my ear from upper body when magnetic pulsar release magnetic field to any bones of upper body.

6. Default Re: Latest Bass HeadPhone with Bone Conduction

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    Interesting. That certainly makes them worth a hard look. Do you have them?

I will say that vibration (haptic/tactile) makes a huge impact on wide spectrum entrainment.

I have the headphones I mentioned plus I think we have talked about bass cushions before? I have one of those and an audio triggered massage cushion with several motors. The massage cushion times out automatically after 10 minutes to preserve the motors and in the midst of a session with it after it stops my body is 'buzzing' for many minutes afterwards, usually most of of the remainder of the session. It shakes the astral body loose (so to speak).
    Hi Scott, Is the massage vibro acoustic music cushion something you made yourself or something you bought?. If you bought it then can you please let me know what it is, as I am interested in vibro acoustic cushion to use while listening to the music.

Thanks

Blog Entries

The one I have is the Homedics iCush-100 It works quite well, especially for the price.

It is a discontinued item though. I have no idea why. I haven't found any newer items that are comparable in the same price range. Normally the specialized vibro-acoustic stuff is way out of range.

This cushion is nice because it has headphones or speakers as well as the audio input. It has the normally ascending/descending/random/targeted modes that you would expect with a massage cushion, but with the possibility for audio sync.

Isochronic beats work with it really well if they aren't crazy fast.

That feeling of full body entrainment and tingling is amazing.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

8. Default Re: Latest Bass HeadPhone with Bone Conduction

Thanks Scott, I checked it out and one sold at a reasonable price on ebay here back in feb. I will keep a look out for it, I have a cushion that is meant to vibrate with the music but it is terrible and the bass is distorted.

I just want a decent but not too expensive one for benefits of vibro acoustic therapy.

9. Default Re: Latest Bass HeadPhone with Bone Conduction

Hi Scott, What do you think about this?

http://thesubpac.com/

Blog Entries

Looks pretty nice but expensive. One thing to consider is that for this type of 'bass cushion', the deep bass actually has to be present in the audio. Not everything will work. The iCush mentioned before is an audio follower which looks at the overall power across the spectrum. Any audio source will have some effect. This is not the case with bass cushions.

I have an old Aura bass cushion. It looks like now they only sell the transducers. I also have some of these from DaytonAudio.

If you haven't tried the Skullcandy Crusher headphones mentioned in this thread, then you might want to consider those. I like them a lot now and use them all the time with sessions.

Thread Information