Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Pure Focus" - 30 Min Alpha with SMR/Low Beta Plateaus

1. Default "Pure Focus" - 30 Min Alpha with SMR/Low Beta Plateaus

My first shared session, huzzah!

This was crafted in Gnaural, and is loosely based on / inspired by a MWS preset session that I enjoyed the audio entrainment of before I got the Kasina.

I tend to enjoy sessions where the entrainment tone is the focus of the audio, and not hushed away behind everything else, they seem to be more effective for me, and this session fits that line of thought.
    Also I tend to like sessions that stay on a given pattern for a little while, I find that in many of the stock sessions, the lights jump around from one pattern to another to quickly for me, and I have a hard time really exploring the visual stimulus.

• This session uses isochronic tones, has wave crashing type pink noise, a slight water sound, and some minimal whimsical soft synth sounds randomly interspersed.

• This session starts out at 10hz in both hemispheres, has plateaus every 4 min or so, that take it up into SMR/Low Beta for a few mins, but topping out at different rates for each brain hemisphere during the plateaus, and increasing slightly in frequency each plateau, followed by both hemispheres coming back to 10hz in between each plateau. The final plateau leaves both hemispheres at a low beta 14hz, as it fades out to silence.

Everyone responds differently to these things, but with this session, even with it spending its time mostly in alpha/beta, I get a very deep trance effect quite quickly, yet seem to have no problem remaining conscious. The effect of each hemisphere getting different frequencies during the plateaus is quite enjoyable for me (especially the later plateaus), and produces some quite fantastic closed eye visual experiences while not being "pushy", in addition it seems to really put me in a trance quickly.

I am still getting more experience with different sessions under my belt, but this one has me coming back for more quite frequently.

For now, I try to name my sessions with useful information about the session in the title, but I am still figuring out a naming scheme I like.
    This one is called;

JL1 - SS - 30m - ISO - BiHemi - Alpha w Beta Plateaus

It is pretty self explanatory, JL is my initials - SS = SpectraStrobe - 30m = duration ISO = isochronic, - BiHemi= different entrainment frequencies to each brain hemisphere is in use- Description of Entrainment.

If I were to give a more traditional name to this track, it would be called "Pure Focus"

HINT - Right click and click "save as" if it comes up as a player in your web browser...

Here is the link to the NEW SpectraStrobe version of this track

JL1 - SS - 30m - ISO - BiHemi - Alpha w Beta Plateaus.mp3

Let me know what you think!
    Last edited by Andy; 12-10-2017 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Uploaded track to thread

2. Default Re: 30 Min Alpha with SMR/Low Beta Plateaus

After testing on my Kasina, something was off with that mp3 file, I am fixing it now and will have the link re posted shortly.

EDIT -

File has been fixed and tested, link updated.
    Last edited by Jameth; 01-06-2015 at 05:36 AM.

3. Default Re: 30 Min Alpha with SMR/Low Beta Plateaus

I have added a link to a SpectraStrobe encoded version of this track, that follows the same patterns, but uses some color modulation in the different segments to enhance the visuals nicely.

More specifically it is modulating the brightness of the red LED in the 10hz valleys, and modulating the green LED in the beta plateaus, across the left and right eyes, in a slow oscillating type pattern, while maintaining the entrainment pulse with the rest of the LED's.

Find the link in the original post at the bottom!
    Last edited by Jameth; 01-08-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: 30 Min Alpha with SMR/Low Beta Plateaus

Thanks very much for creating and posting this session, Jameth!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: 30 Min Alpha with SMR/Low Beta Plateaus

Thanks Andy!

Any chance you could re-name this thread in the main listing to the following;

"Pure Focus" - 30 Min Alpha with SMR/Low Beta Plateaus

I am still figuring out a naming system for my tracks that I like, and I think that will fit any future threads/tracks I start in here a little better.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pure Focus" - 30 Min Alpha with SMR/Low Beta Plateaus

Done.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

7. Default Re: "Pure Focus" - 30 Min Alpha with SMR/Low Beta Plateaus

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Done.
    Thanks a ton Andy.

Also to anyone paying attention, I went ahead and removed the AudioStrobe version of this, as I feel like the SpectraStrobe version supersedes it, and edited the thread accordingly.

Jameth, thank you so much for going to such lengths to produce the 'Pure Focus' session - I finally got to experience this last night. I am the proud owner of the Procyon and Kasina, and can say, with my hand on heart, that this is the best session that I have ever experienced. It is simply stunning! I lost count of the visuals that were emerging in front of me, although as bizarre as this sounds, I could see fried eggs at one point, along with rainbows, rubix cubes, mystic balls, mandalas, vortexes etc. At one point it felt as if I was disappearing down a plug hole LOL. Amazing, well done. Very much look forward to seeing/hearing all of your future efforts :-) Merry Christmas to you all.
    Be original then nobody can tell you you're doing it wrong!

I am a new user and really appreciate these sessions. Thanks so very much

10. Default Re: "Pure Focus" - 30 Min Alpha with SMR/Low Beta Plateaus

Hi Jameth,

thanks for sharing your session :-) I especially appreciate the detailed description you provided.

I am wondering though what your intention is with regards to the different stimulation frequencies for left and right hemisphere. It seems like you are offering faster frequencies on the right side and slower frequencies on the left. I know this procedure from mood-lifting session protocols that aim to calm the right hemisphere and stimulate the left hemisphere (based on some findings that depression correlates with hyperarousal of the right hemisphere).

There is a psychophysiological intricacy though that needs to be considered if you are really aiming for frequency-specific brain entrainment (vs. brain entertainment ;-):
    While hemispheric separation is relatively straightforward with regards to auditory input (left ear --> primary processing in right hemisphere and vice versa),
    there is no left eye --> right hemisphere / right eye --> left hemisphere mapping in our brain.

Instead, it's all about left and right visual FIELD. You can get a first idea on this picture, and the wiki article on "split brain" will illustrate this (section on "visual test"). I have only found one good explanation on this for AVS purposes, and it's on Claudius' German web site (Google Translator does a decent job though ;-).

What does this mean?
    In order to visually stimulate the two brain hemispheres at distinct frequencies, you need to separate the visual input NOT between left and right eye, but between left and right visual FIELD. To do this, you would need a specific set of glasses that separate these two fields for each eye (to my knowledge, only Unistim or DAVID goggles are designed to do this). Otherwise, your brain receives a mish-mash of signals - the auditory signal will be separate, but the visual input will be completely confusing as each hemisphere is receiving the faster AND the slower frequency at the same time.

I'm not saying that couldn't be interesting, but it's not (targeted) entrainment. ;-)

Best regards
    Michael

P.S.: KUDOS to Claudius for having the passion to really dive into this on his page and taking the time to explain it in such detail! :-)
    I am summarizing this here not as a critique of the session (it may have been designed this way only to provide changing stimuli and avoid habituation), but really to illustrate the concept. It is quite counter-intuitive and really easy to miss - but it's hugely relevant whenever you aim to stimulate each hemisphere with a different frequency. Without proper separation of left and right visual field, you are better off to restrain a hemisphere-differentiated session to auditory stimulation.
    Last edited by Neuro-Surfer; 04-10-2016 at 07:18 AM.

Thread Information