Thread: OK - cool looping functionality

1. Default OK - cool looping functionality

Just have to say, the looping functionality on the Procyon looks pretty darn cool.

I was going to post a feature request for not only segments to be able to repeat, but groups of segments as well.

Then I took a closer look at the the Procyon editor. Whoa! Already there, including the ability to nest loops.

I haven't actually tried it out - but that is way cool.

I was just thinking about sessions where you want to put the mind into a delta, but intersperse it with beta/alpha bursts or vice versa. However, I thought it would be a necessarily painful operation involving too many segments. Now I should be able to have maybe one segment in the delta for a period of time, and have to small segments that act as a spike into alpha/beta territory, then just loop the 3 segments x times and there you have it.

I didn't expect to be able to get away with that so easily.

Regards
    Caleb

Default Re: OK - cool looping functionality

Thanks, Caleb--Todd added the looping feature at the last moment at my request, to make sessions more compact--some of them could be re-written to save memory space as I received the code about halfway through session authoring.

(What I didn't know then is, in PC mode the looping is handled by the editor, while in standalone by the Procyon CPU--which is why the first few hundred units were shipped with several sessions which crashed!).

We'll have a look at adding some automated segment-parameter-filling to a later version of the Editor; we did that with the Proteus, which made it possible to create sessions which could include, say, 1,000 segemts all automatically generated with some user-defined parameter constraints.

--Robert

3. Default Re: OK - cool looping functionality

Robert, could you go into more detail about this looping issue?
    Are you saying that when you have 3 segments for example, that loop 10 times, that the CPU consumption of the unit will increase with each loop?

I'm just trying to establish what constraints I should be working within when I'm programming sessions. I don't want to experience any session crashes if I can help it.

Regards
    Caleb

Thread Information