Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Procyon no effect

1. Default Procyon no effect

i recently purchased the new procyon the package was good everything was fine and all but i have been using it for 8 days and i do not experience any
    effect on me although the light sound all working properly but no imagery sensation anything is hapenning to me i can see only lights......i want to know is is it something wrong with me or do i have to wait for some more time or i am doing something wrong or whats the matter....

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon no effect

It's not uncommon when you first do sessions to focus your attention exclusively on the novelty of the flashing lights. In fact it is unavoidable really. With familiarity you will move beyond this stage.

A few tips to begin to see visuals: (internally)
    First of all, relax, and let the session 'come to you', don't try to 'go to it'. That is metaphorical but it is a state of curiosity and openness.
    Try the Mind Art sessions first.
    Look for little dots that form and appear to move sideways across the display. These are called phosphenes. The brighter the display the better.
    Focus on a center point. Notice how at times the flashing lights seem to pull inward, like a tunnel.
    Notice that this center sometimes appears to rotate. Clockwise at times, changing to counter clockwise at other times.
    When you see this then look for symmetries, like kaleidoscopic reflections. This is how the fractals form.
    Let the colors suggest images to you. Like green forests and blue waters and red lava.
    After becoming familiar with a few sessions. Try the Random session 000 and get a feel for the 'range' of the Procyon output.
    Pick a session that you like say Creative Visualization 10 and play it back to back a couple or three times. This familiarity helps to begin to see details.

Anyway, nothing is wrong. It is simply that a new way of perceiving things is required.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask additional questions if needed,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Procyon no effect

thanks for the reply sir i will do as you suggested

4. Default Re: Procyon no effect

Yes, I agree with Scott's advice. It's important to relax your mind when using the device. I, too, tried hard to see patterns etc, but when I just relaxed, and just observed rather than intensely focus on the lights, you'll start seeing patterns, fleur-de-lis, swirls, and even outdoor scenes (especially when the pattern starts to rapidly move vertically, like an old fashioned TV with a vert/horizontal hold problem). Very cool.

So, just give it time, and try not to concentrate on the lights....just let your mind wander and treat the light patterns as secondary.

Good luck, it will come.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the encouragement Shaymus. Meditation in general requires taking it slow. It is a wonderful skill that increases over time. It takes much retraining from most people's normal states of mind. There are so many amazing insights and experiences waiting for as you get to know the unlimited aspects of your being.

Our systems help ease the transition to to deeper levels of meditation but are no means instant dream machines, at least not for all. I will say again though, that uncovering the untapped areas of your mind offers a lifetime of rewards.

Shaymus, can you suggest some programs on the Procyon that you like?
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

6. Default Re: Procyon no effect

That got me thinking. I enjoy them all. It seems that as I use and re-use each program, they always seem fresh and new. Perhaps my brain reacts slightly differently each time? ? Anyhow, I like them all. Mind Art and Creative Visualizations are good starts. I also have the Audiostrobe cd series, which are excellent. Highly recommend them.

When I allow friends to try the Procyon, I sit back and watch them while they have the experience. They are always blown away by it. Some see geometric shapes right away. I didn't at first, but it still was amazing.

But getting back to the original poster, just give it time and patience. My visuals are much better now than in the beginning. Relax and unwind.

I enjoy your vids Scott. You are a natural teacher.

Shay

Blog Entries

I agree. I benefit somewhat from all the sessions. The Creative Visualization and Night Voyage ones are my favorites though.

Thank you for the compliment on my videos. More are forthcoming.

Do you have topics that you are interested in?

Best,
    Scott

8. Default Re: Procyon no effect

@Shaymus you wrote that you too tried hard to see patterns can you tell me exactly how much time you took to start seeing visuals..its been 1 month for me now.....

thank you

Blog Entries

Hi Kushagra,
    So we are all on the same page... please describe what you mean by visuals. Like what you hope or expect to see.

Scott

10. Default Re: Procyon no effect

well exactly it is not about visuals actually i do not feel anything when i use the mind machine having read great things about it from many sources and great reviews too i m a little dissapointed..

Thread Information