Thread: Translating Proteus Sessions to Procyon

1. Default Translating Proteus Sessions to Procyon

Is there any issue with translating Proteus sessions that you can download either here or elsewhere and then converting them with the provided conversion tool and uploading them in the Procyon session library?

Additionally, is there any issue with "upgrading" them to Procyon by changing the color settings?

I still can't see how you can get at the factory Procyon sessions to change them, but at least I can use any number of available Proteus sessions and enhance them as necessary after conversion.

I don't think sessions are actually copyrighted, but I just wanted to make sure - redistributing someone else's work always gets me a little worried.

Regards
    Caleb

Blog Entries

Default Re: Translating Proteus Sessions to Procyon

Hey Caleb;

There is no problem with doing what you suggest:
    - Converting proteus programs and uploading them to the Procyon
    - Changing any programs and uploading them to the Procyon

I am asking if I can post a .zip file of all the factory sessions - as you say they may be protected in some way, so I'm trying to find that out, and I'll get back to your shortly.

Thanks for asking!

If you end up with some good programs, please share them with the community - Marisa and others have done quite a bit with the Proteus programming, it would be great to have some new Procyon sessions as well!

-Andy.

3. Default Re: Translating Proteus Sessions to Procyon

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    If you end up with some good programs, please share them with the community - Marisa and others have done quite a bit with the Proteus programming, it would be great to have some new Procyon sessions as well!

-Andy.
    I agree 100%.
    I've converted a few already, but I've only tried to update one former Proteus session to tri-colour.

It's probably not worth sharing because I've only started reading the audio side of entrainment etc... Haven't even begun to try and understand how to use colour etc..., so my effort was rather mechanical. The damn program had 22 segments too. Not pleasant to update in the current editor software.

It's easy enough to just post what I have with just the two colours though - eg I translated the zip file of sessions Marisa posted for Proteus to kick off the user session library.

Regards
    Caleb

4. Cool Re: Translating Proteus Sessions to Procyon

Hi Caleb,
    I think someone post that in The Library, Sessions, Proteus Sessions.

Default Re: Translating Proteus Sessions to Procyon

Hi, Caleb--

Please do modify and share our sessions; we view our technology from a variation of the "open source" perspective (as long as our machines aren't being copied, or our sessions are being sold by third parties, pretty much anything goes).

You'll probably want to add blue to some segments, and be sure to try Utilities/Swap Color Parameters. You can refine the brightness settings for imported Proteus sessions, since those are imported with each Proteus brightness step equaling 16 Procyon steps.

There are quite a few parameters per segment, making a Proteus-style list interface impractical. But have you tried the graphic interface? I find it helpful to view a group of segments at one time, and this interface lets you do just that. Display/Use Graphics Editor.

--Robert

6. Default Re: Translating Proteus Sessions to Procyon

Thanks Robert - I'll give it a go.

I'm just hoping to see Procyon develop a library of sessions available to everyone above those that come with the machine itself.

I'm also looking at creating several of my own based on theories I've read elsewhere. I also treat anything I create as able to be used/abused by others.

I'm trying to "Procyonify" sessions discussed in the book Awakening Mind I which is quite challenging to say the least. I can only partially get half the theories discussed in that book. James Mann is just another one of those clever people that I am not.

I would just like us all to have a pool of resources in which we can dip our hands if the need arises.

Regards
    Caleb

Thread Information