Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ThoughtStream Monitor Windows Beta Software

Blog Entries

Cool ThoughtStream Monitor Windows Beta Software

Hello all,
    I am attaching the first public release of a new version of the ThoughtStream software. This is the Windows version. A Mac version is in testing and will follow in a few days.

This goal of this version is to better mirror the display of the ThoughtStream console and provide feedback on session progression. Used properly it should help you really to understand what the TS is displaying and what the various levels 'mean'. Also it is high time that ThoughtStream owners with Macs get some love.

Note: this is Beta software. There will be bugs and it doesn't have a great deal of 'protections' built in for various things that can fool it. By testing this software you acknowledge that it is a work in progress and agree to be forgiving of things I overlooked. Also, you must report experiences, bugs, and general feedback.

I sit on things for a long time because I am a damnable perfectionist. But I'm trying to overcome that and release early and often, and let the chips fall where they may. I hope people will show interest because it is a helluva lot of work. Still, I love it. (most of the time )

It has only been tested by me at this point and mainly on Windows 7.

There is a PDF Quickstart and Installation notes included in the archive.

** NOTE ** You must have the SiLabs driver installed for this software to work. The SiLabs Driver is included in the TS Monitor ZIP file below.

Enjoy and speak up!
    Scott
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Andy; 07-14-2015 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Update ZIP file with driver
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Default Re: ThoughtStream Monitor Windows Beta Software

What a nice Christmas Present! :-)
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Ha, the software is kind of in Christmas colors too!
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

BTW, this only works with the USB version. The serial one has quite a bit of a different format. If you want the serial version then let me know.

5. Default Re: ThoughtStream Monitor Windows Beta Software

It's just great !!!!!!! I am very very grateful. You cured my bad mood. Great gift for the New Year. There are several issues - whether that be the starting line chart went to the left (invisible area) when the schedule right border? During long sessions, I think you need it - because now the graph over time strongly compressed and status monitoring in real time is a hindrance And then you can see the entire schedule to save the video. The second question - is it possible to change the color of the line graphics on black?
    And the third question - when loading a saved session, the top window - all right, but is it possible to lower the window to make more detailed - I'd like to see as it was in session?
    I repeat once again you've done a great job. I'm really grateful to you.
    Forgive me for my stupid questions possible in another topic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krosskin View Post
    There are several issues - whether that be the starting line chart went to the left (invisible area) when the schedule right border?
    Do you mean put the chart and the status display side by side? And have the status display vertical like on the ThoughtStream console? If so, maybe. It wouldn't be too hard to do. Just rearrange the elements. It may or may not be an improvement.

The second question - is it possible to change the color of the line graphics on black?
    Technically, it wouldn't be too hard to make the color scheme completely user selectable. All the colors are generated by code.

During long sessions, I think you need it - because now the graph over time strongly compressed and status monitoring in real time is a hindrance And then you can see the entire schedule to save the video.
    You don't have to view all the data in long sessions. Under Advanced Settings you can set the number of samples shown to whatever you want. The Quickstart file explains this. You probably figured this out.

The only problem with that is you can't revert back to see the whole session. I am working more on loading sessions back in after recording to view them in several ways. You can see the beginning of this under the View menu - Load and Display Session.

I think that addresses your third question.. and those features will be expanded in future versions.

7. Default Re: ThoughtStream Monitor Windows Beta Software

I think that the difficulties of translation from English into Russian and back. I just do not know English very well so I use Google translation here and there probably inaccurate translation. I also have not yet translated the instructions mk there is a problem with the pdf and Google translator. I meant that there was a function - that would line chart does not compress over time and slowly went to the left in an invisible zone when the right-hand side of the boundary line. And of course that would then this can be seen in the saved file (probably by increasing or decreasing scale for very long sessions). Once again, sorry for the inaccuracy of the translation

Blog Entries

The translation is usually really good. I can understand what you mean to say most of the time. Here are the instructions as an html file http://mindplace.clarify-it.com/d/pfl4xc Google translator can probably read that better.

Click the arrow button next to the text Advanced Settings. New controls will become available. Select the button next to 'Display the last' and put 600 in the text box. This will show you the last 1 minute of data. You can change that number to whatever you want. If you put 3000 in the box you would get that last 5 minutes. The math is 10 * number of seconds or 10 * (60 * number of minutes) . I think this will get you what you want to see.
    Last edited by neuroasis; 12-27-2014 at 01:31 PM.

9. Default Re: ThoughtStream Monitor Windows Beta Software

Thank you for your help. I'm going to deal with this.
    I would also like to ask - is it possible to expect in the future versions of the Android OS?

Blog Entries

Hey Scott;
    When you use the advanced settings to change to "Display the last xxx samples" maybe you could have the graph scroll horizontally instead of delete the points on the left. Adding a selection to "Display the last xxx minutes" would then allow for a certain number of minutes/seconds to be "1 screen" of data (or the sample to time calculation could be just shown instead of another selection). Done that way, you can see all the data when you stop by scrolling back and forth. What do you think?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information