Thread: Disappointed at first, then had a very cool experience.

1. Default Disappointed at first, then had a very cool experience.

I just got my kasina yesterday, and wasn't having very much luck getting visuals. I would just see flashes of different colors. But all of my family members and friends saw shapes when they tried it, so it's not a problem with the machine. I'm just wondering why I can't get visuals. So I was a little bummed out, until I fell asleep last night with the glasses and headphones on. I was listening to Space Trace. I found myself having crazy dreams and a couple times I realized I was dreaming. So I tried to shape the world around me before I forgot that I was in a dream. So I tried to make someone fall, and out of nowhere this guy comes and backs up into me pushing me into the wall, almost as if he was stopping me from making someone fall. I'm also surprised because I had consumed an herb that usually keeps me from dreaming, and I had very vivid dreams last night. I would still like to be able to experience visuals so if anyone has any ideas on how to increase my chances of getting them it would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by AstralTaveler; 12-26-2014 at 06:05 AM.

2. Default Re: Disappointed at first, then had a very cool experience.

I have had mine for a few weeks now, at first I found I was focusing almost to hard on the physical use of my eyes, as in I was kind of using them as I would with them open, focusing on the direct effect of the lights.

After some use, I am finding more and more that my eyes go into a super relaxed state, and I use my "minds eye" to kind of look at / in / around the different parts of the visual stimulus, in a very different way then I did at first.

Kind of difficult to put into words, but keep on it!

Also, some sessions are certainly more targeted at creating fractal like kaleidoscope type imagery, a Starlit Night comes to mind.

3. Default Re: Disappointed at first, then had a very cool experience.

ok cool. thank you for the response. I know what you mean. Maybe a blank stare instead of looking around will be the trick.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Disappointed at first, then had a very cool experience.

Visuals come with time and practice. When you first do sessions on an AVS machine it is natural to be dazzled by the lights. Over time your focus will deepen and then new vistas will open up. Many people neglect to put in the necessary time to acquire the skill. As in life, some have talents in this area and some need to work at it. I fall between those extremes. I had to do a lot of meditative work, mainly getting the jitters and fidgeting out of my body so I could really settle down. Little itches, especially on my nose, used to drive me crazy. It was a stage that had to be overcome.
    Jameth is right on when he talks about that at first you use your eyes to 'study' the lights. I tend to repeat for emphasis that using a light and sound machine is really a form of augmented meditation. The more you acquire the abilities to relax and transcend your surroundings, then open up to inner worlds, the better and more satisfying your results will be.

A technique that I find works well is to use sessions with a lot of green. Like you can set the ColorSets to green on AudioStrobe or KBS sessions. Then use the green to imagine trees and grass blowing in the wind. Get the impression of a tropical paradise or a summer meadow.

Then start to work with blues which are a bit harder to see. Imagine water, and space scapes. Then you start to mix these up. From land to sea... I'm flying...

Use the colors to create impressions and food for the imagination. Use the flicker as movement. Treat it like cloud gazing in a way.. make sense?
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

5. Default Re: Disappointed at first, then had a very cool experience.

Awesome. Great explanation neuroasis. I was just listening to a few different sessions for about an hour, no defined visuals, but I started to get those random weird thoughts that I usually get before I fall asleep. So I think I am making some sort of progress. I will try more greens combined with visualization techniques. Thanks! I also noticed that if I tried to I could see the outlines of triangles.

Thread Information