Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems downloading sessions...

1. Default Problems downloading sessions...

So I just got my Kasina and I downloaded some sessions onto my computer from the Library section on this forum. I then transferred (tried to anyway) files onto the micro sd card. It said copying files and then when the window closed I took the micro sd card out and put it back into my kasina but was unable to find the session that I tried to download. I also tried downloading it directly to the device. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and happy holidays!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Problems downloading sessions...

Hello and Merry Christmas!

Did you unzip the sessions?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Problems downloading sessions...

No I did not. That must be why. Sorry for being technologically impaired but how would I do that?

Blog Entries

No problem. Just double-click on the file and choose "extract all". Pick a folder that's easy to find (like your desktop) and it will create a folder there with an .mp3 file inside that you can drag to your Kasina.

(I'm assuming you're on Windows. If you're on Mac, I'm sure the process is very similar.)

Write back if you're still getting stuck.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: Problems downloading sessions...

Ok so I extracted all from the session I downloaded and when I tried dragging the extracted file to the kasina it said "The disk is write protected. Remove the write protection or use another disk". Could this be due to the fact that my kasina wasn't new? I bought a new one but when I got it it had a max volume setting on it and plastic screen protector looked like it had been pulled off and put back on. Maybe the previous owner did something to the sd card? I'm fine with having a used device as long as it works properly as I don't really want to do a return and have to wait to use my kasina again. Or maybe it has nothing to do with the fact that it was used, just an idea. I don't even know what write protection is...Thanks for all the help. You guys have awesome customer service!
    Last edited by AstralTaveler; 12-27-2014 at 07:18 AM.

Blog Entries

Ok, glad that you were able to extract the .mp3 files from the .zip archive.

There are 2 ways to get tracks or files onto the Kasina micro-SD card. You can leave the micro-SD card in the Kasina and use a usb cable to connect it to your computer. This is easiest, but is slow if transferring big files.
    The other way is to remove the micro-SD card from the Kasina and put it into the included micro-SD to SD adapter, and insert that into you computer if it has an SD slot, or use an SD card reader if it doesn't.
    If you're using the 2nd method, there is a switch on the side of the SD card adapter that sets it as protected from writing. Flip the switch the other way and you should be good to go.
    Let me know how you make out.
    -Andy.

7. Default Re: Problems downloading sessions...

I did the second method. All I had to do was change the switch! Thanks So much! I am now going to download a bunch of sessions.

8. Default Re: Problems downloading sessions...

Sorry to bother you again but if I bought and downloaded some hemi-sync would the process be pretty much the same?

Blog Entries

Maybe have a little read up on Hemi-Sync first...

http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ight=hemi-sync
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ight=hemi-sync

If you have questions about using Hemi-Sync with the MP products, ask in one of those threads (if applicable) or start a new one.
    -Andy.

Blog Entries

You can load any mp3 or wav file. Just keep in mind that HemiSync tracks wouldn't have light encoding. You could still use the Color Organ.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information