Thread: Question - Kasina and the heart (urgent - want to buy for Xmas :P)

Default Question - Kasina and the heart (urgent - want to buy for Xmas :P)

Hello,

I'm very excited about the Kasina, having recently stumbled across it. I hope to buy it as a Christmas present for my father and uncle (and myself) - a sort of shared present. My father has expressed interest in such tech in the past. My only doubt is about his heart - and I know you cannot give medical advice here and do plan to consult a doctor, but doubt they will know much about the technology! I know AVE devices are not recommended for those with a pacemaker - but my father's issue is more minor than that. In fact it is currently resolved. He had an atrial fibrillation (a kind of arrythmia) a couple of years ago, and ended up getting an electrical stimulation surgery to correct it. He has been tested since and is back to normal, though still on warfarin (blood thinner). He is generally in very good health, and in his early sixties.

My question is really two or three fold. Firstly, I've heard AVE devices can actually help slow or regulate the heart, presumably a lot of the programs contain fairly soothing and slow light shows? I would like to get an idea of whether some of the programmes feature fast flashing lights - and whether you have any sense that such programs could have any issues for speeding up heart rate. Would it be easy for a user to avoid faster programmes if indeed they exist?

I guess I'm trying to get a better sense of what sorts of light shows are common / included so that I can be more specific in describing this to the doc before I buy. The time pressure is on a little as I need to order from a UK stockist here before Friday in order to receive it on time!

Thank you very much for any helpful advice you can provide.

Best wishes, and season's greetings,

Luke

Blog Entries

Default Re: Question - Kasina and the heart (urgent - want to buy for Xmas :P)

Hi Luke,
    The slowing of heart rate is associated with the relaxation response, in the same way that one would get from an effective meditation session. It is not generally recognized to correspond with the frequencies delivered with AVS. That is unless makes a conscious (then later subconscious) intention to practice 'entrainment' of other body rhythms like synchronized breathing. The heart rate could be a target of this type of meditation.

The slowing heart rate is a natural response to the relaxing session. The inverse is not necessarily true though. Higher frequency stimulation delivered in AVS is equivalent to the active waking beta states. Thus, it is most likely that the heart rate would reflect the person's normal pace. Really because most AVS sessions are undertaken while sitting or reclining even at high beta frequencies it is likely the heart rate would reflect the sedate state.

The programs on the Kasina are generally engineered for relaxation and mood enhancement. Sessions are categorized by their intentions. Many sessions prominently feature alpha frequencies as most people respond quickly and favorably to these.

As you have stated, it is wise to consult your father's physician, although medical science has increasingly recognized the positive benefits of a meditation program.

Let me know if this helps provide useful information and anymore questions that you might have.

Best wishes to you and your family as well.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thank you Scott, most reassuring I'll be looking forward to trying out our new Kasina on Christmas day And will be sure to report back on our experiences in due course.

All the best,

Luke

Blog Entries

Excellent. Let me know if you have further question and thanks for your interest in the Kasina.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

I have been using "mind machines" for over 20 years. I was diagnosed with atrial fibrilation 26 years ago. I have never experienced any negative effects, on the contrary, I do not notice my fibrilation at all now. I have recently used both self hypnosis and mind machines to help cope with stress of cancer. Again with positive effect. Best wishes

Blog Entries

Lesbott,
    Thank you very much for your perspective. It is absolutely invaluable. It is so wonderful to hear from experienced people. I wish you well in your healing efforts.

Best,
    Scott

Thread Information