Thread: Picture This.

Default Picture This.

Over 22 years ago when my girl and I got married and moved in together she thought I was a little goofy because I insisted on turning one of the closets into a world where you could explore, escape and meditate. I painted a sky with clouds, and grass along the bottom of the walls complete with fake turf on the floor. I mounted several sound activated lightning balls and a sound system. I would go in there, put a thunder and rainstorm CD in the player, kick back in one of those low to the ground beach chairs. I must admit...............it was nice. After our storage needs changed though, the meditation room had to go and become a closet again.

After getting side tracked this last year with some personal things I've finally picked up my Kasina again and it just feels right, like a warm blanket on a cold night. It's gotten me so excited and motivated that I've been exploring different sessions every night. It's motivated me so much that I've re-organized and re-set up my lab (been an amateur EE most of my life) and can't wait to start programing sessions as well as exploring my Kasina to the fullest not to mention my Procyon which I love just as much.

I did a session tonight and afterward it popped into my head............I forgot about that old closet thing I did years ago and it brought a smile to my face thinking about it. I remembered..................I've been headed in this direction my whole life. I used to make giant snow forts in the backyard when I was a kid and lay in there at night for long periods, I always felt such peace when I did that.

I've been headed in this direction my whole life. Can't wait to explore. Hope to have some exciting stuff to write about in the next few weeks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Picture This.

That's hilarious. I did the same thing years ago in creating a 'meditation chapel' in a walk-in closet in the apartment I lived in. My girlfriend at the time thought it was pretty cool and we spent many hours in there. The people who thought I was crazy were the apartment managers and maintenance men. I would always block off that closet with a sign when they came in to spray for bugs or inspect but I forgot a time or two and they discovered my 'secret'. That and the combination of thousands of books of every imaginable scientific and esoteric subject spread throughout the apartment... Of course, who was I kidding as the lingering smell of incense permeated that closet and poured through every available crack.

Now that I have a house a part of my basement area is devoted to this with an increasingly elaborate setup.

It is indeed a life long pursuit and those who expect the best experiences to happen immediately (or even in months) are not really giving a reasonable chance to fully explore what is possible.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Default Re: Picture This.

You are right, this is a life long pursuit and I've really been realizing that lately. Recently I've switched to a very strict diet and it's almost as if my brain is now healing, I keep having old memories pop into my head, things that I've long forgotten about, I'm loving it.

In case anyone is interested it's based on a book called Wheat Belly Total Health by Dr. William Davis MD and I've never felt such positive improvements to my health ever, including my emotional state, it just keeps getting better. there is another book on the same subject that I think AVS people would greatly benefit from ( I haven't picked it up yet but plan to) called "Grain Brain" by Dr. David Perlmutter MD. Stop eating grains and the fog (the one you never realized was there) lifts. I'm living proof.

Thread Information