Thread: Seasonal affective disorder

Default Seasonal affective disorder

I was wondering what sessions may help with SAD either on my Kasina or my Proteus?
    I seem to be quite afflicted this year and also what do you recommend for fibromyalgia / chronic fatigue syndrome
    sorry if I asked about that before.
    I am taking it that something stimulating to counteract the extreme lethargy, muddled thinking and fatigue but my neurologist says that it's due to 'central sensitisation' from long term sleep apnoea. Therefore I am not sure if I should be looking for something to dampen down the overstimulated nervous system instead?
    I know you cannot give medical advice but I would be most grateful if you could point me in the right direction.
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

Default Re: Seasonal affective disorder

Try out Sirius 03 - Quick Break... in the KBS folder... a couple of times a day (it is a 15 minute and 30 second session) Use with ColorSet 5 GB L/R or ColorSet 6 B L/R. This gives you fast frequencies and blue light exposure. Do not use it at night, close to bedtime.

In the evening you can mix in the session Rest in the Night Voyage folder. I find is dissociating and soothing after a few minutes.

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    Try out Sirius 03 - Quick Break... in the KBS folder... a couple of times a day (it is a 15 minute and 30 second session) Use with ColorSet 5 GB L/R or ColorSet 6 B L/R. This gives you fast frequencies and blue light exposure. Do not use it at night, close to bedtime.In the evening you can mix in the session Rest in the Night Voyage folder. I find is dissociating and soothing after a few minutes.Hope this helps,Scott
    Thank you so much Scott. I will give them a go alright
    Life is but a dream

Wow!!! I just tried the Syrius 3 as suggested only added white paper with open eyes and it was a revelation!
    Incredible colours and effects and experiences blue summer skies with all sorts of extras. I love the effect of the White paper and cannot wait to experiment with more.
    Looking forward very much to new goggles too.
    I suppose for deep States you would need the eyes closed but maybe not?
    Certainly took me away very quickly to altered state. Thanks again Scott. Your enthusiasm and knowlege is appreciated. Alison
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

Very glad to hear of your joyful experience!

Blues are especially beautiful with eye open screens. Using the paper screen is a good idea for your intended purpose.

Yes, generally for deep meditations one will tend to want to close their eyes. The closed eye effect with the screen is much less bright and more subtle. It has a different feel but still nice once your eyes adjust to it. The flicker effect is still strong.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information