Thread: Kasina not saving setting changes? Running firmware 1.11.

Default Kasina not saving setting changes? Running firmware 1.11.

Hi, I just received my Kasina yesterday. I'm brand new to AVS, and I'm very excited. It seems like everyone is still excited about their Kasina and sessions, that's nice to see. I've tried a handful of sessions so far. I'm still trying to figure out the right volume & brightness settings for me, I am not seeing anything mind-shattering yet.. but still hopeful.

Anyhow, the issue:
    I updated my firmware to 1.11. Upgrade was successful as far as I can tell, however any settings that I change on the Kasina do not save/stay after it is powered off.
    I updated on a Mac (Yosemite), had to use the additional terminal steps, I see that the firmware.bin file has 777 permissions. I imagine the settings are written to another file, but I don't see any other files in the firmware.bin directory.

I've tried changing everything from Language to Display Brightness and Button Backlight. Everything will go back to factory default. I've tried doing a factory reset (- buttons while powering on), changing settings after factory reset, and I just replaced the firmware bin file just to troubleshoot. No luck. I also searched the forum prior to posting, no one mentioned the issue..

Has anyone else experienced settings not saving? Do people change settings after every boot?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina not saving setting changes? Running firmware 1.11.

Hello and Welcome!

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your Kasina. I've never heard of this issue before.

Are you pressing the center button after making each change?
    Are you saying that the setting change does happen while you have the Kasina on and then it reverts back only after you power off and power back on?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Default Re: Kasina not saving setting changes? Running firmware 1.11.

I'm sorry for not replying earlier. I typed a reply the other day but did not post.

Yes, I previously pressed the center button and the changes took effect, then were lost after power off & on.

My Kasina console had another issue that Andy and the MindPlace team helped me with (VERY quickly). This thread will probably not be of much use anymore.
    I updated my firmware on my new console and am having no issues. All is well. Thanks again, Andy!

Thread Information