Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Original Voyager Question

1. Default Original Voyager Question

Hi all,

This is a bit of a long shot, but I don't suppose anybody has a copy of the manual for the original Voyager (not the XL)? I picked one up recently on ebay and it is an awesome little machine that's cute as hell and was in great condition.

Anyway, it does have a Quick Reference on the rear that includes the session list and instructions for starting a session - that has been super helpful. However, I don't know how to turn the darn thing off! It seems to have an auto-off at the end of a session but I was playing with the colourpulse feature and couldn't figure out how to turn it off when I finished. In the end I decided to disconnect the 9v battery and the black wire snapped off the clip!

I think (hope) I can fix the battery clip but I'd really like to know how to turn off the machine in future. Anyone ever owned this Synetic classic?

(btw, this is my first post but I have been lurking for a while and learning lots of great stuff. Thanks!)

Cheers, Matt

2. Default Re: Original Voyager Question

For anyone interested in what the Voyager looked like:

Voyager_01.jpg

Voyager_02.jpeg

Isn't that the cutest thing ever?

As you can see, it has an ON button but no OFF. I thought it would just be a case of holding the on button for a few seconds, or pressing it a couple of times, but neither worked.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Original Voyager Question

Very retro!

Robert is looking to see if he can find the manual for that product. We'll get back to you if we have any luck.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

4. Default Re: Original Voyager Question

Thanks Andy (and Robert). I managed to get the battery wire fixed and it's back in action. The sessions are fantastic, and for such an early generation device I'm surprised how familiar it feels. It has a lot in common with the Mindlab DLS, which was the first AVS I ever tried, back in 1994.

Blog Entries

Hello;

Robert was able to scan the manual, and we have uploaded it to the support site. It is available here.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

6. Default Re: Original Voyager Question

That's fantastic! Thank you so much. So the trick to turning it off is to lightly press the #3 or #6 key and wait 30 seconds. I don't think I tried that one!

I love this machine - the sound engine is glorious and it has the most comfortable "glasses" I've ever used with an AVS. If it had Audiostrobe it would be my go-to machine for all my light & sound needs!

Please pass on my thanks to Robert.

Cheers, Matt

Blog Entries

Glad we could help!

Enjoy.
    -Andy.

8. Default Re: Original Voyager Question

I am looking for the manual for Voyager XL. Does anyone have it?

Thanks

Miquel

Blog Entries

I thought the XL was the same as the MindLab.
    -Andy.

The Voyager XL was indeed an OEM version of the MindLab, with different sessions. So the Mindlab manual should prove useful. We might have an XL manual somewhere in the dread deep storage locker, but finding it would be the trick. You could contact Theta Technologies as they are likely to have them, and in fact they still sell the XL under the name MindLab (not to be confused with our first product of the same name, late 1980s).

-Robert

Thread Information