Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help needed creating sessions

1. Default Help needed creating sessions

The software makes no sense. I want to create sessions starting in the alpha range that go down to the delta range and then up to the gamma range. How do I do this with the software provided?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help needed creating sessions

I'm sure Scott will chime in, but in the meantime, this video may help get you started.

-Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Frequency settings are what you want to change. At first just stick with one LED at time to get a feel for the settings. You can turn off the other LEDs by deselecting the Active checkboxes at the bottom of the light channel strip. Like for now turn off Grn LF active and Blu LF active. That leaves you only Red. Leave all other settings at their defaults.

You will need at least 2 segments to do what you want. But focus now on just one segment.

Set the length of the segment for how long you want the ramp down from Alpha to Delta to be. You set this in the Segment Time box at the bottom. That is a pretty steep drop so let's say 10 minutes. You can enter it directly as 10:00 (if you just enter 10 then it will be 10 seconds).

Now enter an Alpha value in the Start text box next to Frequency in the Red channel. Say 13. That is the top of the Alpha range.

In the Finish text box next to Frequency in the Red channel enter 3. This is at the top of the Delta range.

That is all you have to do for the 1st segment. The Frequency of the Red LED will start at 13hz and drop down to 1hz over 10 minutes. This is a rate of 1hz per minute.

Press the Run Segments button on the right and if your Procyon is connected and the serial port is open (green dot) then this segment will preview on the Procyon.

You can set the Sound to follow the Red channel by selecting Red in the dropdown menus under Sound Modulation in the Sound channel strip. Select Red for both Left and Right. Now the sound will follow the Frequency you have set and produce isochronic beats. Adjust the pitch to taste or keep the defaults.

Now create a new segment. In the Edit menu choose Insert Segment. A new segment will be added. Notice that the number fields in the Current Segment Number box and the Run to Segment Number box change to 2. This indicates that the total number of segments is 2 and the 2nd segment is loaded for editing. You can use the slider to go back and forth between segment 1 and 2.

Also notice that the Frequency text boxes have been filled with the Start and Finish values swapped (as a convenience for ramping) So Start Frequency for Red is 3 and Finish is 13. All of the other settings you have made carry over to the new segment.

The total session length is now 20 minutes.

Change the Finish Frequency on Red to 26 which is in the Gamma range. (and double the Alpha which is a good practice...) Segment 2 will rise 1.3hz per minute.

If you selected Run Segments now you would just play the 2nd segment as a preview. If you want to preview the whole session use the slider to navigate to Segment 1 or you can enter 1 in the Current Segment Number box. This will play the whole session.

Basically, that is it for this simple session. You now start Red at 13hz and drop to 3hz over 10 minutes and then climb up to 26hz over 10 minutes.

This is a good start on the concepts which can be applied to other LED channels. The only settings that really matter for most people is Frequency, Amplitude(brightness), and Sound.

Let me know if this is clear and what your other questions are.

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    Last edited by neuroasis; 10-03-2014 at 03:01 AM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

4. Default Re: Help needed creating sessions

Thank you for both responses. They are helpful but not completely what I need.

I do not want the colors to follow the sound. I instead want to manipulate the colors so it appears to just flash in a shade of magenta the whole time.

Also, for the ramping I actually have a different time setting in mind for each step before taking it down and ultimately the entire session start to finish will be a little over an hour. I now think I can do this with your tutorials.

Also, can we use Neuro Programmer 3 to create sessions? It seems a little more user friendly.

Blog Entries

I wonder if VSD would be of help here?
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ore-you-upload
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

6. Default Re: Help needed creating sessions

Wow, that looks extremely helpful yet drastically over my head. I shall review it more.

Blog Entries

NP3 can create AudioStrobe sessions for the Procyon but not its native format. If you wanted some semblance of Magenta you could change the AudioStrobe color mapping in the Procyon editor under Utilities - Set AudioStrobe Color Balance. You would change the mapped colors to Red and Blue. Then you would make your settings (pan of the AudioStrobe signal) to have a lot of blue and a little red.

Magenta as you probably imagine it is not quite possible viewed behind closed eyes. This is a consequence of the physiology of our eyelids and the red filtering effect they have. Also, somewhat due to the red and blue LEDs being spaced apart. It is kind of an oil and water effect. Experiment and you will see what I mean.

If you want a feel of magenta turn on all 3 light channels (Red Green and Blue) and set them to the same frequency. Then try these Amplitude settings: Red - 25, Green - 50, Blue 255

It is really more so the sound following the colors, but either way you look at it. If you want no modulation on the sound then leave the default of the sound modulation menu (set to None) This will be a steady tone or you can set the Volume all the way off for no sound. Turning of Sound Active would work to disable audio as well.

If you want binaural beats then you have to set the Pitch properly. Say in the first segment 175 on the Left and (175 + 10) for Start then (175 + 3) for Finish on the Right. This will create binaural beats and ramp them with the lights.

Be aware that the maximum segment length is 10 minutes so you will need to add more segments and spread the ramp over them to span the duration. The time limitation is due to the way that the numbers are encoded in the output file.
    Last edited by neuroasis; 10-03-2014 at 11:55 AM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

8. Default Re: Help needed creating sessions

The editor does not allow me to switch between segments. I click on the slide bar just as the video indicates but it does not change.

9. Default Re: Help needed creating sessions

Ok, it will not switch between 2 segments but anything over that and I can so I am no longer worried about that.

You are loosing me when you talk about how the sound follows the colors and the modulation. I want the sounds and the colors to work together to alter brainwaves so what am I supposed to do for that?

Also, I would love to do binaural beats but again I'm not following you.

10. Default Re: Help needed creating sessions

How do I move my created sessions onto the Procyon. I've read the manual but this is not working.

Thread Information