Thread: ThoughtStream USB and Windows 8

1. Question ThoughtStream USB and Windows 8

Hello,

I am about to purchase a ThoughtStream USB and I need to know if it will work with a laptop running Windows 8. I would appreciate hearing from someone on this. Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Default Re: ThoughtStream USB and Windows 8

Hello and welcome!

The ThoughtStream is a standalone product and does not need to be connected to a computer to operate.

Which software are you interested in using with the ThoughtStream?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: ThoughtStream USB and Windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hello and welcome!

The ThoughtStream is a standalone product and does not need to be connected to a computer to operate.

Which software are you interested in using with the ThoughtStream?

Hi, thank you for your welcome and speedy response.

I understand that the ThoughtStream is a standalone product, but I would like to use the USB software to log sessions.

Blog Entries

Prior to your answering Andy's question I will say that the free ThoughtStream monitor provided by us does work on 8.1. There is a newer version of the driver for the USB chip. I will put it up on the support site tomorrow and post a link here. The current driver there might work too. I just recently got a hybrid tablet with Windows 8.1 so that is what I am testing with.

Mind Workstation from Transparent Corp works with the TS USB on current Windows. I don't know about Mental Games yet, but can test if you are interested in that.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

The driver has been updated (thanks Andy for the install script). The driver and other ThoughtStream software is here: http://mindplacesupport.com/thoughtstream-support/
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

6. Default Re: ThoughtStream USB and Windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    The driver has been updated (thanks Andy for the install script). The driver and other ThoughtStream software is here: http://mindplacesupport.com/thoughtstream-support/
    Great, thank you guys very much.

7. Default Re: ThoughtStream USB and Windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by ColbertG View Post
    Great, thank you guys very much.
    neuroasis, thanks for the line on Mind Workstation. I am having a look at it now and it seems to be the perfect solution for the work I wish to do.

Blog Entries

Mind Workstation supports the ThoughtStream very well. It automatically calibrates its range to your personal reading and maps the readings to a useful range of 0-100. There are several types of content you can control with the biofeedback reading: light, sound, screen visualizations etc.

MWS includes a feature called BioOptimization that uses the ThoughtStream to gather data on your response to session parameters (entrainment frequencies, sound pitch, light brightness, etc), while testing a number of different values and building a database that optimizes those settings according to the results. Used over time it takes much of the guesswork out of determining what works best for you.

I am somewhat of an expert on that software (and obviously the ThoughtStream) so if you have any questions or special needs please feel free to ask. Also, the support from Transparent is excellent as well.

Best,
    Scott

9. Default Re: ThoughtStream USB and Windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    Mind Workstation supports the ThoughtStream very well. It automatically calibrates its range to your personal reading and maps the readings to a useful range of 0-100. There are several types of content you can control with the biofeedback reading: light, sound, screen visualizations etc.

MWS includes a feature called BioOptimization that uses the ThoughtStream to gather data on your response to session parameters (entrainment frequencies, sound pitch, light brightness, etc), while testing a number of different values and building a database that optimizes those settings according to the results. Used over time it takes much of the guesswork out of determining what works best for you.

I am somewhat of an expert on that software (and obviously the ThoughtStream) so if you have any questions or special needs please feel free to ask. Also, the support from Transparent is excellent as well.

Best,
    Scott
    I appreciate, Scott. Will let you know if I need your assistance.

Regards.

Thread Information