Thread: bioexplorer and kasina

Default bioexplorer and kasina

Default Re: bioexplorer and kasina

hi every body i always wanted to use kasina with a eeg just to feel whats is like this last weekend i downloaded the bioexplorer file in the kasina folder .but i didn't menage to make it work any body can give me some advice on that ...i connected kasina to the usb on my pc set all the wav files and mp3 .i set channels 1 and 2 device on audio output kassina and nothing maybe some settings i did? one thing i am not sure is should i connect the aux as well because every time i connect the aux and usb i get this strong noise on my headphones no matter what i will try to upload some screen shots it my help thanks

Blog Entries

I was able to get it to work by removing the Player Retrigger object. I can't really even see why that is needed as long as repeat is set on each of the audio files. However, the audio files for the sake of a small download are much shorter than is optimal. You can see the loop point easily. Craig Tice made this as an example to base your own designs from.

Also, you will get interference from the USB port if you try to use both it and the AUX connector together. Use USB as your preferred method. The Direct Sound - Kasina AVS (Speakers) should work.

Have you tried EEG driving with Mind Workstation and BioExplorer in combination? It works really well and eliminates most of the SpectraStrobe complexities.

Scott
    Last edited by neuroasis; 09-22-2014 at 06:03 PM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

The problem with BioExplorer is that normally you would get the best results by using the built in Tone Generator. But its output is capped at 10khz. Thus you are forced to use audio files. Also, there is no way to modulate these to produce isochronic feedback. The best you can do is set the brightness of the lights as feedback. Essentially what Craig has done.

You could send out midi to control external tone generators or samplers. There are good reasons to do this sometimes.

Really though the output side is best handled by Mind Workstation, with BioExplorer used to expand the compatible devices for signal acquisition and analysis.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Actually, it is not really accurate to say that you couldn't modulate the trigger of an audio player. You probably could using logic gates, thresholds, and expression generators. Not an easy design and I would imagine subject to a lot of glitches on output as well as heavy processor load as the audio files would have to be triggered very fast. Latency and refresh rate would be an issue too.
    Last edited by neuroasis; 09-23-2014 at 07:21 AM.

thanks a lot for you reply i will try to do some adjustments to the design .i don't have MindWorkStation yet soon i hope lol ..bioexplorer is not easy to navigate to be honest .. i really like kassina effects on me would be interesting to see whats is like to do a session with EEG driven ..thanks again

Blog Entries

EEG driven sessions are some of the most useful, once one acquires the skills and gear. If only MWS supported more devices out of the box. I hope the Muse will be added. Still, BioExplorer is very powerful as an acquisition and analysis tool. For certain designs using video and such it is probably really good as well. I don't mean to downplay its power.

It is just that MWS supports AVS output so well. Adam the lead programmer has put a great deal of effort into making the signals as precise and clean as possible. Plus the user interface is really nice.

Thread Information