Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Case for Kasina

1. Question Case for Kasina

got my Kasina today.

i was slightly disappointed with product packaging: box was sealed but inside i found torn apart cardboard and mess from cables and etc. it took some time to find memory card because plastic card holder was opened and empty. adapter was also empty. but device is working and it is good. already tried relax session and this what i looking for.

i really like that power adapter has euro plug since i live there.

but case... is this a case for $350 device? i can't find any suitable way to put my Kasina and glasses in this tiny piece of cloth...

is there any good cases for Kasina? may be someone found suitable substitution from digital camera bags oк similar ?

UPDATE.

here is my setup with Amazon Basics case:
    IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

i can fit without problems:

• Kasina
    • Kasina's glasses (most "problematic" item for case searching)
    • Sennheiser PX-100 II i headphones (in original pouch)
    • Kasina manual
    • Apple charger with noname miniUSB cable (much more portable than Kasina's charger and cable)
    • Kasina's headphones with extra ear-tips
    • Kasina's AUX-cable
    • Kasina's microSD card adapter in plastic case

there is more room in this case i i think that fit is not optimal
    Last edited by mnemonic; 08-31-2014 at 07:17 AM. Reason: added photos

Blog Entries

Default Re: Case for Kasina

I'm sorry to hear about this. Where did you purchase the product? It sounds like you received a returned Kasina as they are typically very neat and organized inside. You may be able to return it for a new one if it turns out that you're not satisfied or it's missing anything or damaged in any way.

I think the nice thing about the Kasina (as opposed to most electronic products these days) is that it comes with all the cables, the AC adapter and pretty much everything you need to use the product. Many products don't include things like a manual, usb cable, power adapter, or any kind of case at all. I think it's actually amazing value for what you're getting. Your $750 iPhone doesn't come with a case at all!

I would check out electronics stores where they sell camera, phone and mp3 player cases, I'll bet you can find one there that would be more to your liking. Let us know what you find in case others are looking for something different.

Enjoy your new toy! :-)
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Andy is right. We put a lot of effort into the packaging. MindPlace always tries to include a complete package out of the box. Of course, people have different preferences in headphones or longer cables or cases or whatever. Where did you purchase from? It does sound like you got a previously opened package, which should not be the case unless marked so.

As far as cases many of the smaller digital camera cases like one's from Lowepro are nice. (available at Wal Mart or Best Buy in US)

We try to cover the bases but also further customization is expected.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

4. Default Re: Case for Kasina

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about this. Where did you purchase the product? It sounds like you received a returned Kasina as they are typically very neat and organized inside. You may be able to return it for a new one if it turns out that you're not satisfied or it's missing anything or damaged in any way.

I think the nice thing about the Kasina (as opposed to most electronic products these days) is that it comes with all the cables, the AC adapter and pretty much everything you need to use the product. Many products don't include things like a manual, usb cable, power adapter, or any kind of case at all. I think it's actually amazing value for what you're getting. Your $750 iPhone doesn't come with a case at all!

I would check out electronics stores where they sell camera, phone and mp3 player cases, I'll bet you can find one there that would be more to your liking. Let us know what you find in case others are looking for something different.

Enjoy your new toy! :-)
    Got it from amazon.com. Return will be very expensive for me because i'm not in US and had to pay for international shipping.
    Kasina is in working condition so i will leave it with me, but it was not good shopping experience.

As for the bag - i have amazon basics semi-hard case for portable electronics. Kasina fits well but case is twice as large as it can be. Will look for more portable case.

Blog Entries

Amazon seems to be a necessary evil these days. As a supplier, to get any traction online amazon is the way to go, but they are really one of the worst places for both suppliers and customers to do business. I hope in the future you and others will consider another place to purchase your products.
    Again, I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. Maybe your note will encourage others to purchase a great product like the Kasina from a different source.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

6. Default Re: Case for Kasina

i have no negative experience with amazon at all. may be this problem with Kasina packaging, but who knows - why this happened..
    and amazon's support and order processing is excellent. especially taking in mind that i use non-US credit card, that many online shops could not process.

Blog Entries

Hmm, that's interesting that you don't like Amazon. I love Amazon and have spent tens of thousands of dollars there with the only problem being one time a deliver driver wrecked his truck and destroyed the merchandise. Of course, they refunded immediately. Amazon US and Amazon.ca, fr, uk, etc. are different companies (or franchises I suppose). At least that is my understanding. I can't speak for international orders.

Also, fortunately I live right in the middle of 2 of their major hubs, so I get stuff really fast.

However, I will say that buying from mindplace.com is a good idea too as it is the same price with free shipping in the US and those units have been hand inspected by MP staff.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

8. Default Re: Case for Kasina

by the way: i can make russian translation for Kasina interface. if you interested in this - just give me all menu options.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
    i have no negative experience with amazon at all. may be this problem with Kasina packaging, but who knows - why this happened..
    and amazon's support and order processing is excellent. especially taking in mind that i use non-US credit card, that many online shops could not process.
    The problem you just had with the repackaging of a returned product is 100% amazon's fault, so I guess you do have at least one negative experience so far.
    As a supplier to amazon, I can tell you that they are absolutely brutal. Customers will never see that side of them.
    -Andy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
    by the way: i can make russian translation for Kasina interface. if you interested in this - just give me all menu options.
    That is a great idea. I think we also need to get French in there as well...
    Click on the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page so I can get your e-mail address offline. Thank you for your kind offer.
    -Andy.

Thread Information