Thread: colorsets

1. Question colorsets

Hi, I tried using the colorsets setting while running a Spectra Strobe session and it doesn't seem to be working properly. All the lights blink as if I was using the R/G/B setting even when I have it in, say G only mode (or R or B etc). I tried it in Color Organ and Audio Strobe and it works OK but not in Spectra Strobe. Is this normal? Am I missing something?

thanks,
    Dave

Blog Entries

Default Re: colorsets

Hello Dave;

That is normal. The Colorsets are for AudioStrobe and Color Organ mode only.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Right, SpectraStrobe already uses all the colors in the session, so there is no need to remap them. AudioStrobe was never meant for RGB LEDs but we didn't let that stop us!
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

4. Default Re: colorsets

thanks guys
    Last edited by dtlockard; 08-14-2014 at 05:06 AM.

5. Default Re: colorsets

Hi Scott,

Your comment "SpectraStrobe already uses all the colors in the session" made me realize that I had missed that in NP3. So I went back in and found out how to set the colors. Now I have the colors I want. Such fun!

I'd really love to look at a complicated session in the NP3 editor. I could learn a lot that way. I understand that you probably don't want to to give out that info for your factory sessions but if you have something of that complexity that you don't mind sharing - I'd love to see it. Or could just point me to where I could find something of that ilk. If not - no problemo!

thanks,
    Dave

Blog Entries

I don't mind sharing but to be honest I really only use NP3 at this point to assist others when they have questions (which you do) and sometime to create broad outlines that I import into Mind Workstation. None of the factory work that I am aware of used NP3 but many pieces had at least some MWS work in them.

Immediately though here on the site under the Kasina sessions you can see that many of Thalassa's sessions include the MWS files. That is if you want to try it out as a demo. Are you still demoing NP3 or you have purchased it?
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Your comment also makes me aware that when Transparent put in the option to 'Convert to SpectraStrobe' when opening an AudioStrobe session with the Kasina, it is helpful but also potentially confusing. Because it does replace the AS tracks but only with 'full on' SS tracks. Thus without a bit more training or digging, it might not be apparent what SS is capable of in contrast to AS.

I will make some materials that address this relatively soon.

8. Default Re: colorsets

As often happens with me my mind races ahead of reality. The reality is that I have plenty to learn about NP3 and writing sessions. And while it is fun my needs so far are easily met. I did purchase NP3 and figure I'll stick with it unless the need for MWS develops.

I haven't seen the 'Convert to SpectraStrobe'. To make the sessions I wanted I took sessions from NP3, replaced the ambient sound track with the mp3 track I wanted, eliminated the AS track and added in a SS track, adjusted colors and then exported it to my Kashina. I didn't want any red in a bed time program. Pretty straight forward once I figured out which buttons to push. Thanks for the responses...

Thread Information