Thread: avs with diffractive lenses/faceted crystals/ and/or float tank.ideas?experiences?

Default avs with diffractive lenses/faceted crystals/ and/or float tank.ideas?experiences?

please note. if you arent sure what the things im describing are (diffraction glasses/float/isolation tanks), please google them first as the internet will show you what i mean better than i could describe!

high thar.This is my first post! Great product and seems like a great forum/community, with excellent manufacturer and user support. So! My thanks to all involved.
    Ive had a procyon for a few years but unfortunately not used it to its full potential ( which i realize is quite high ) but have just recently been using them again and wondered about the possibility of using them with some "rave/fireworks" diffraction glasses such as those made by glofx or aurora vizion, especially the ones that layer a spiral and "explosion" lens over each other. You would need to remove the lenses from the frames to fit under the ganzframes i guess and i think flip one of the spiral lenses so they are spinning in opposite directions.

Also perhaps using a large faceted crystal such as is used in a kaleidoscope under the LEDs.
    Either way, the strobe frequency will remain, but it will seem like there are many more LEDs going in time in whatever patterns the lenses/crystals create. I think the lenses may diffuse and soften the brightness, and the crystal may "amplify" it. If this just blurs the colour mixing with eyes closed, it may be possible to use on VERY low brightness with eyes open? I think it could be really cool.
    Ive also experimented with sound, om'ing, throat singing,intoning while using preset programs and the modulation/interaction is really nice. Im I just bought a Zoom r8 battery powered 8 track mixer, and plan to make "songs" where each track is just pure tones in varying scales (solfeggio etc.) which i can mix together at different volumes and combinations to experiment with, and possibly encode audiostrobe at suitable frequncies for each tone.Audiovisual crossmoduulation?! I could operate the mixer sliders with eyes closed, and its portable with batteries. Has a drum machine and sampler (more tones/loops)too!woot! Some tracks could contain self made self hypnosis or affirmations used at very low levels, other binaural beats and purely audiostrobe tracks! Mixed with custom sessions, just need too hit the procyon and mixers play buttons in time.
    Ive never done this before, or used the procyon editor, (and am pretty busy) so i realize this might take a while, and i have a lot to learn, but i feel im onto something that could be quite transformative and has good potential. If anyone knows of what may be the best, most accurate and not too fluffy but not too ultra-dry sciencey source or book for info regarding brainwave entrainment/binaural bbeats/sound and frequency healing and cymatics, that i could study seriously, please suggest.
    Im also curious about using a "chi-machine" body pulsing relaxercizer with the procyon for some body-mind vibration...
    Any experiences with anything similar, ideas and suggestions are very much appreciated, or leads to any threads discussing similar things.

AND. in other news. I just bought a flotation tank off gumtree! for $800! OMG.Thanks Universe! and ive never even been in one!, but been curious ever since seeing altered states at age 13, and understand how it could really help me on all levels, and in turn help others further down the road.
    i get the whole idea is sensory deprivation, so that limits its use with an avs system, though some people have used binaural beats with them to good effect. also it needs to built into the tank (no skin contact) and removable when not in use (salts and electronics not good friends...) I would mount the leds on the roof of the tank, perhaps with an opaque direct light sheild, so yuo could keep eyes open, the tank has audio inputs to speakers built into the tank (which need replacing)
    I figure some custom programs that start a float session with some theta stuff and fades to black and silence for the desired duration of floating, then slowly fades back up to bring me back gently, so it would act like a timer for float tank sessions, only working at the beginning and end.
    Water speeds up soundwaves by 5 times or something, dont know about the super-saturated saltwater, and dont know how that will afffect binaural and ischronic stuff... but assume it will affect them consistently so ratios will be preserved???
    Again, im guessing how all this will work, there is a lot i dont know about it all so any info is appreciated....im excited!
    PEACE!

Blog Entries

Default Re: avs with diffractive lenses/faceted crystals/ and/or float tank.ideas?experiences

Here is a video using the Proteus and some of the glasses you mention.

If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Default Re: avs with diffractive lenses/faceted crystals/ and/or float tank.ideas?experiences

There is nothing quite like the floatation tank experience. Well, maybe anti-gravity in space, yet not within reach. I use an inversion table for a somewhat related 'dry' experience. Plus, rushing blood and oxygen to my brain which is extraordinary.

As you say with floatation the point is to absolutely deprive yourself of all sensory inputs until your brain starts inventing its own stimuli. I would think that you could use AVS at very brief (and even random) intervals to 'shock' your awareness briefly and prime the visions.

It is a pretty massive setup and maintenance (think having a pool is bad?) so you will want to try to bridge this experience with something that requires less preparation. AVS is ideal for this.

Let's say you have a ramp down to Theta session. Use this prior to entering the tank, then after emerging from the tank. After a few experience you might be able to bridge and 'substitute' or 'simulate' the tank experience in just the longer AVS session. Then you will have a new 'trigger' available for your convenient use.

Binaural tones or even isochronic pulses underwater sounds like a pretty cool idea. I have never heard of anyone doing that. Might have to find some underwater speakers. Looking on Amazon there are some bluetooth ones, floating ones too. Now that would be pretty cool. The salt? Don't know. Pool chemicals are pretty harsh.

Altered States affected me deeply too and is still one of my faves. Both the book and movie. That is once you strip away the dramatic story elements. Also of course the actual work from John Lilly.

Anyway, cool ideas and potentially a great setup. Let us know how you proceed and if we can be of assistance.

Also, interesting related discussions are very much welcomed so thanks for your post.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

These floating speakers look pretty cool. Ivation Waterproof Bluetooth Swimming Pool Floating Speaker The blue lights may or may not be cool for the use. The thing is that normally I would just disengage these but with a waterproof housing I wouldn't want to breach it.

Nonetheless, with these or similar technically you could feed an audio signal from a phone or computer with AS encoding or preferably SS if you have a Kasina. You would get a Bluetooth receiver with a 3.5mm audio jack. Then theoretically you could feed both the AVS system and the speakers.

thanks for your replies
    epsom salts arent as corrosive a some salts, but i still think floating speakers in the tank wouldnt last.thanks tho, i'll look into that. the guy i bought it of gave me some induction headphones to solve the water audio distortion, but then you have this thing sitting on your head, worried they will come off and get wet, i think better to just mount some speakers in the top half of the tank and crank it up a bit.

im sure someone has tried the diffractive glasses with their machine, just curious if it works well wearing both, with them so close together right in yo face.pretty sure it would be quite good, so im gonna order some to try.

Thread Information