Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: adjusting volume on Kasina?

Blog Entries

Default Re: adjusting volume on Kasina?

It sounds like to me that the USB port you are using on your computer is being blocked for some reason. A reboot of the computer would likely it sort it out. Let me know if it does, otherwise we can troubleshoot more.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moonchild View Post
    This time although plugged in, it is showing the tiny USB icon on the Kasina but the square on the face that should says USB says 'no USB'. I tried to see if I could get drivers but I had no luck.
    There are no drivers needed. Either your USB cable is not plugged in tightly, or you have a bad USB cable. Do try rebooting your computer as Scott suggests. Always the first thing to try when your Windows computer is acting up!

Then I decided to do the short way and put my mini card into the large card and popped it into the sd slot on the PC. The light came on to show it was accepted but it did not show up as an external drive.
    If you are looking to update your firmware, you can't do it this way, you have to use the USB cable and you must FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY.

I think I will have to take a break to clear my head Maybe use one of the sessions and come back afresh later
    Sounds like a plan.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

You are amazing! I simply switched the port my external hard drive was using and put it there....then put the hard drive where the Kasina was and they are both working.
    I shall now attempt to update to the newest software
    Life is but a dream

Andy, do you have to come over as tetchy? I am trying my best but do get stressed trying to alter things and sometimes I get mixed up. I am not alone in that so please have a bit more patience.
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

Sorry if I came across that way, I'm not impatient at all, and am happy to work with you for as long as it takes to help you get everything working. To lower your frustration, I wanted to make sure you were following the instructions as they should make the process as easy as possible.

Again, no judgement from this end, just take your time and let us know if you get stuck. We're here to help, we really are!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Well that's nice to know. I explained that concentration can be a problem (Fibro / chronic fatigue)and unless you are dealing with this sort of thing every day it can get very complicated. For instance, I have decided I will not be utilizing a lot of what it can offer as I am just content to be able to enjoy the basics.
    If anything goes wrong I am all alone at this end and so I sometimes just give up.
    I think I have managed to update things but not sure. It warned me that changing the name of the file may make it unstable for instance but I did it anyway. I followed all instructions

When I go onto settings - service..the bottom line says HW: Kasina AVS 1.2 I am hoping that's the new update. I did delete the old one first.
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

My wife has Fibro and Chronic Fatigue as well, so I can totally relate. Take your time, and do things when you have the energy.

Congratulations on making it through the Firmware update! In the Settings/Service menu, check the line above that line that shows FW: and let me know what it displays.
    -Andy.

Oh I am sorry to hear that, so you will be well aware of the difficulties.
    The line above says FW: KasinaFW1.11 *crosses fingers*
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moonchild View Post
    The line above says FW: KasinaFW1.11 *crosses fingers*
    Success!!
    -Andy.

Thread Information