Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: adjusting volume on Kasina?

1. Default adjusting volume on Kasina?

Hello, I love my Kasina, just got it today...
    but I am having trouble bypassing the volume, I have 50% hearing loss in my left ear and would like to make sure I have best benefit from the Kasina, I have seen the explanation of how to raise max volume and have all others at 10, max volume is set at 26, but I can't go past halfway mark on volume control, some of my sessions from Neuro Programmer are a little quiet. Any suggestions?
    I see on the volume bar that there is a red mark that the slider won't go past.. I am using the volume controls on the side too..
    Thank you,
    rainmaker1791

2. Default Re: adjusting volume on Kasina?

By default Kasina is preset to a safe hearing level. To increase this go to Settings >> Audio >> Max. Volume and then you can increase it (or reduce it) using the Control Pad which will move the red marker., then press the Select button to save it Also, one above the Max. Volume option is Balance which may help even out the sound for you.
    Last edited by robinhood; 08-23-2014 at 04:47 AM.

Default Re: adjusting volume on Kasina?

I am also having problems getting volume up. I go onto settings audio, then press max volume but it only responds by lowering it not raising it. When I press the upper part of ring it just takes me back to max volume set at 23
    Now I am wondering if I have put the balance out as again allows me to take number down by pressing bottom of button but not top

Strange now it allowed me although it was only responding by lowering max setting. Anyway, now I have max at 41 so what levels should the other things be at?
    Aux / int mix vol is at 8 what does that do....and what does the aux audio volume do?
    Sorry to be so thick
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moonchild View Post
    I am also having problems getting volume up. I go onto settings audio, then press max volume but it only responds by lowering it not raising it. When I press the upper part of ring it just takes me back to max volume set at 23
    Does pressing the up part of the control wheel work on the main menu and on the sessions menu?
    When changing a setting, once you have changed it, you need to press the middle button on the control wheel to save it.

Aux / int mix vol is at 8 what does that do....and what does the aux audio volume do?
    You should update your firmware to the latest version (1.10).
    On that page are descriptions of the new Audio settings as well as a link to the new firmware and instructions on how to update.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thanks for the link Andy.
    The sessions laid out like that are wonderfully helpful.
    I shall print them off and add them to my paper file of all my AVS info.
    I tried to download the updated stuff but it said on my desktop that they cannot access that kind of file. Am I doing something wrong?
    The zip file came through but when extracting it was a no go
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

The sessions laid out like that are wonderfully helpful.
    Huh?

I tried to download the updated stuff but it said on my desktop that they cannot access that kind of file. Am I doing something wrong?
    The zip file came through but when extracting it was a no go
    Please follow the instructions step by step. If something does not work, please let me know the exact step you got stuck on, what you did and what exact error message you saw.
    The instructions are on this page, titled "Installing Kasina Firmware - Win"
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Yes, sorry. After I wrote that I went back and found that bit. I had not noticed it before. I have to remind you I am a technophobe.
    Unless I am doing something every day I tend to forget and get mixed up. Brain fog from Fibromyalgia is my excuse.
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

Yes, sorry. After I wrote that I went back and found that bit. I had not noticed it before. I have to remind you I am a technophobe.
    Unless I am doing something every day I tend to forget and get mixed up. Brain fog from Fibromyalgia is my excuse.
    No worries, happy to help but need complete details if something goes wrong.
    Still no idea what you are talking about with the session list, though! ;-)
    -Andy.

Blog Entries

Probably this http://mindplacesupport.com/kasina-s...-descriptions/ which I added recently.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Yes, Scot, that was what I was referring to.

Well, I seem to be having problems trying to get my USB accepted by my pc. I know it worked before because I managed to download something at the start.
    This time although plugged in, it is showing the tiny USB icon on the Kasina but the square on the face that should says USB says 'no USB'. I tried to see if I could get drivers but I had no luck.

Then I decided to do the short way and put my mini card into the large card and popped it into the sd slot on the PC. The light came on to show it was accepted but it did not show up as an external drive.

I think I will have to take a break to clear my head Maybe use one of the sessions and come back afresh later
    Life is but a dream

Thread Information