Thread: KBS session and sound track

1. Question KBS session and sound track

Just received my Kasina. I would like to know how to have a mp3 soundtrack of my choice play with a KBS session - not using the AUX jack. I took a quick look at the KBS editor and didn't see an obvious way to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

Blog Entries

Default Re: KBS session and sound track

Hello and Welcome!

You currently cannot play 2 sessions at the same time on the Kasina (a KBS file and another MP3 file). However, you can use external audio to play the MP3 file, either using the AUX input or USB audio. You will need to update the Firmware to version 1.10 to allow you to mix the sounds within the Kasina.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: KBS session and sound track

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the quick response. Is there someway to put a session together incorporating the information in a KBS file and a mp3 file? I have a Laxman (can I say that here?) Any way, in it's editor it allows you to point to a mp3 and it plays it when you run the session. Would the Mind Workstation or NP3 software allow me to do something like that? I've been reading posts here and have seen that software mentioned but am not familiar with them.

thanks,
    Dave

Blog Entries

You can do what you are looking to do with NP3 or MWS.

Neuroasis has made some tutorial videos on using TC software with the Kasina.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: KBS session and sound track

Thanks Andy - I'll take a look at them.

Blog Entries

Hello,
    Joining KBS and mp3 together is a high priority and is in development progress.

The first priority in the Kasina release cycle was SpectraStrobe which with the right software can do most anything imaginable. Including what you ask with joining mp3s with light tracks. While KBS will continue to grow and expand, it will probably never be fully capable of what SpectraStrobe can do.

Check out NP3 or my personal favorite Mind Workstation. SpectraStrobe creation is built into both of those.

If you have any questions about them. Let me know.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

7. Default Re: KBS session and sound track

Hi Scott,

I've spent several hours on the Transparent website trying to digest what MWS and NP3 are about and figure out which might be best for me. I think for now that I'll go with NP3. Just have no way of knowing whether I need all the extra horsepower that NWS has. I can always move up later if I find that I do need it.

I was reading that you wrote "A Starlit Night". I have just received my Kasina and had tried a couple of programs and they we OK. But when I tried "A Starlit Night" - well, I found the WOW factor. What other pieces on the Kasina are yours?

I'm impressed with the support you guys offer here on the forums. I spent a bunch of hours reading previous posts and learned a lot.

Well, I'm off to download NP3 and after watching a bunch of videos I'll start on my first SpectraStrobe program.

thanks,
    Dave

Blog Entries

Hi Dave,
    Thank you very much for your compliment on A Starlit Night. Most of the sessions I did for the factory card are in the Mind Art category.

Here is a list and description of all the factory sessions with the artist info included. You can also sort this list by artist to group them.

http://mindplacesupport.com/kasina-s...-descriptions/

For most people NP3 is a very good starting point. There are many pre-installed templates to work with. You have to work a little harder and be more crafty to get really interesting light patterns though. Nonetheless, it is an excellent tool to experiment and understand the structure of effective sessions.

Again, if you have any questions then let us know.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

9. Default Re: KBS session and sound track

Scott - thanks for the link. I don't need to be crafty at this point - I just need a couple of basic sessions to work on some issues - I don't care if they are boring as long as they are entraining - besides, the Kasina is full of crafty sessions for my delight and I look forward to exploring them - for the basic sessions all I need are good sound tracks to go with them - some of the music I like takes me to another place all by itself - adding that to the beeps and flashes should be powerful - I downloaded NP3 and after about a half hour poking at it I managed to make my first SpectraStrobe session. I'm a happy camper and appreciate all the help and responses.

take care,
    Dave

Thread Information