Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kasina Firmware Update 1.11 - August 2014

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina Firmware Update 1.11 - August 2014

An equalizer is of some value I think. It is especially of value to boost certain bands for the Color Organ so they trigger better. There will be more work on this. For improving the sound of music though I would tend to think it is of limited value. Like for instance on Apple devices the EQ settings you make are stored in the file as is the gapless info (gapless playback and seamless looping btw are 2 different things)

We do not have routines to read all the tag info. So you would have to readjust the EQ for each new song. Something like EQ presets maybe.

Really when you get 'serious' about a song or a session, that is, you intend to use it for meditation and not whimsy then it is probably best to adjust the EQ on your computer as it plays through the USBAudio to the Kasina and then save those settings to the audio file. Then that audio file is optimized for the Kasina.

I do that with Color Organ tracks.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Usually there are only a few reasons to deviate from the 'mastered' settings of music files. Most music has been professionally produced and the proper eq has already been applied. However maybe the compression when converting to mp3 has altered the perception of mix elements. Also you could have a set of headphones or speakers that emphasizes/de-emphasizes certain frequencies in the audio and you want to adjust for that. Or maybe you just like a certain balance.

Anyway, let's assume that you are using the same set of headphones on your Kasina. That is what you are wanting to adjust for. You can easily batch edit your music files to apply a preferred eq setting. Then the music would optimized for your setup.

It is easy using 'chains' in Audacity. Here is a tutorial on how to do it. http://www.howtogeek.com/57571/how-t...s-in-audacity/
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Kasina Firmware Update 1.11 - August 2014

I am not able to upgrade the firmware on my mac comments suggestions?

Blog Entries

Please try the beta firmware utility I am working on here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...1795#post11795

Post your results after trying it please. We are gathering feedback across a range of Mac users.

5. Default Re: Kasina Firmware Update 1.11 - August 2014

I received my Kasina in mid October, any idea if it would have already shipped with this firmware update?

Blog Entries

No way to know, really. If it's not updated, it's extremely easy to do.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information