Thread: audio low noise feedback

1. Exclamation audio low noise feedback

I am Ieaving problems with audio feedback noise especially to alternate music source....

Blog Entries

Default Re: audio low noise feedback

Hello and Welcome!

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your Proteus. I'm not entirely clear on the problem you are describing, so I'll ask some questions to see if I can clarify it a bit.

You are saying "feedback" but I think you mean something else. Can you describe the sound you are hearing?
    Does the sound that you're hearing that you don't like a sound that happens while playing a session?
    If you disconnect everything from the Proteus, running it on batteries, and only connect the headphones and run a session, do you still hear the noise?
    You mention "alternate music source". Are you referring to some external audio connected to the AUX connector on the Proteus?

If you can answer the above questions and give me a little more detail, I'm sure I can help you solve the problem you're having.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: audio low noise feedback

Connecting to AUX connector coming from iPad... low noise starts when lights are flashing in eyeware

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbendel View Post
    Connecting to AUX connector coming from iPad... low noise starts when lights are flashing in eyeware
    Thank you for that information.
    I'm not sure what you mean by a "low noise".
    Is it a sound like the attached file?
    If so, then you may have a bad audio cable, or a ground loop.
    To test for a ground loop, please operate both the Proteus and iPad from batteries, without connecting them to any source of AC power, and see if the hum goes away.

If that is not the sound you are talking about, but a clicking sound, then please try pressing the bottom button on the Proteus while the session is running until the LED display switches off.
    Let me know if that fixes the problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: audio low noise feedback

Getting low noise even when music is off....the noise starts when eyepieces are engaged. ...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbendel View Post
    Getting low noise even when music is off....the noise starts when eyepieces are engaged. ...
    Can you please let me know what happens when you try my suggestions?

I don't mean to be rude, but we're having a very hard time communicating. I'm wondering if that's because you're not a native english-speaker? If that's the case, perhaps you can write in your native tongue and I will try via google translate to help you further.

I somehow need you to answer the very specific questions I'm asking, otherwise I won't be able to help you.
    -Andy.

Blog Entries

Hello,
    The Proteus has an issue where noise can be created by the dots or decimal points flashing on the LED screen. There is a fix for this. Click the bottom button on the front of the Proteus while a session is playing to turn off the screen. When the LED screen is off the noise will stop. I am just reinforcing what Andy was saying.

If you still hear the noise you are reporting then try these troubleshooting steps.

Do you hear the noise when the iPad is not plugged in?
    Do you hear the noise when the glasses are not plugged in?
    Do you hear the noise on a different set of headphones?
    Are you powering the Proteus with a power adapter? Try the Proteus without a power adapter.
    Does the Proteus need new batteries?
    Are you powering the iPad with a power adapter? Try the iPad without a power adapter.
    Is the Proteus plugged into a computer by a USB adapter? Unplug it from the computer.

These steps will help us to discover what is causing the noise in your case. Please try these tests and report back to us.

Andy or I will be able to help you with more information.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble you are having,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

8. Default Re: audio low noise feedback

Dont hear the noise when ipad is not plugged in....I will try new batteries...not plugged into a computer...works ok with audiostrobe cd's.....noise most apparent when the glasses are plugged in and using ipad....does the unit work with any cd's?
    Writing this with my android phone...so proper letter form is not observed. ...thanks for any help you can give....JB

Blog Entries

Ok, so we have narrowed down to the iPad as the source of the noise? I tried playing music from my iPad Air into a Proteus and heard no particular noise, so I don't think there is a particular impedance issue or anything.

What are you playing from the iPad? Music? The output of an app?

I would be interested to know if the same cable used with a cd player has the issue.

The Proteus can take any external audio source as input, however without light encoding the glasses won't flash.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information