Thread: Getting music on the micro-SD card

Default Getting music on the micro-SD card

I just bought the Kasina and am having problems copying music onto the SD card. It shows that it has exported the files onto the card but when I try to find them in sessions the sd folder is grey and not accessible. This might be elementary but I've tried several times with no luck.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Getting music on the micro-SD card

What do you mean "exported"?

The basic method to get files on the micro-SD card is:

1. Mount the card on your computer as an external drive. You can do this by connecting the Kasina to your computer with the included USB cable and selecting USB on the Kasina menu. The Kasina's micro-SD card will show up as a drive on your computer. You can also remove the micro-SD card from your Kasina and put it into the included micro-SD to SD adapter and insert it into your computer if it has an SD slot. This will transfer files faster than the USB method, by the way.
    2. Open the Kasina's micro-SD "drive" on your computer.
    3. Open the folder on your computer with the music files you wish to put on the Kasina.
    4. Drag the music files from the folder on your computer to the Kasina drive. You can create a new folder on the Kasina drive if you wish to keep things organized. The files must be either .wav or .mp3 file format for music/audio files. The Kasina will not read any other file formats (except KBS, but that's not an audio file format)

Let me know where you're getting stuck and I'll try to help further.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

I guess exported is the wrong word. Maybe downloaded or copied? I think my problem might be file management I'm just confused as to why the sd card folder (which is where it indicated the files were going when I downloaded them) is grey and not accessible.

Blog Entries

You mean the blue 'SD card' label at the top on the Kasina 'Select session' screen? That is just a listing showing you what folder you are in. It is not meant to be selectable. The folders are numbered 1.SpectraStrobe, 2.AudioStrobe... etc...

You should copy you music files into a folder to better or organize them. Create a new folder on the SD card when it is mounted on your computer. Just like you normally do in Windows. If you did not create a folder and just copied the music files directly to the SD card (which would put them on the 'root' of the SD card), then you will need to scroll down with the down button on the navigation to find the music files listed below the folders.. Make sense?
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

It does help thanks and I didn't create a folder when I was in iTunes so that's probably the issue. I love the Kasina I just hope I figure it out enough to enjoy it properly. Not talented enough to create sessions but I'd like to listen to my music thru it wthout having to be connected to my phone, laptop or cd player.

Blog Entries

Hi, I just wanted to be absolutely clear about how to get audio onto the Kasina.

You need to treat the Kasina SD card once it is mounted on your computer like a 'folder' or 'drive' that you copy the files into.
    If on Mac the card will mount on your desktop or in the Finder sidebar as Kasina SD. On Windows it will be under My Computer with a drive letter and also be named Kasina SD.

You can open the Kasina SD card by double clicking on it. Inside you will see the folders named the same way they appear on the screen of the Kasina. You can create a new folder and name it whatever you want.

Then you copy the audio files by finding them in the folder on your disc that they were saved to and selecting and dragging them to the folder you created on the Kasina SD card. You can also select the mp3 files and right click on them and select 'Copy' and the go to the Kasina SD card, right click and select 'Paste'.

Since you use iTunes to convert the files, you can look in the iTunes to find the songs in the list, select them and right click to find Reveal in Finder (on Mac) and probably something like Reveal in Explorer on Windows. This will open the folder that iTunes saved the files to and allow you to access them.

Please let us know if these instructions are clear and give you the help you need. We are more than happy to provide more assistance if needed.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    Hi, I just wanted to be absolutely clear about how to get audio onto the Kasina.

You need to treat the Kasina SD card once it is mounted on your computer like a 'folder' or 'drive' that you copy the files into.
    If on Mac the card will mount on your desktop or in the Finder sidebar as Kasina SD. On Windows it will be under My Computer with a drive letter and also be named Kasina SD.

You can open the Kasina SD card by double clicking on it. Inside you will see the folders named the same way they appear on the screen of the Kasina. You can create a new folder and name it whatever you want.

Then you copy the audio files by finding them in the folder on your disc that they were saved to and selecting and dragging them to the folder you created on the Kasina SD card. You can also select the mp3 files and right click on them and select 'Copy' and the go to the Kasina SD card, right click and select 'Paste'.

Since you use iTunes to convert the files, you can look in the iTunes to find the songs in the list, select them and right click to find Reveal in Finder (on Mac) and probably something like Reveal in Explorer on Windows. This will open the folder that iTunes saved the files to and allow you to access them.

Please let us know if these instructions are clear and give you the help you need. We are more than happy to provide more assistance if needed.

Best,
    Scott
    Scott:

It worked! I had to change the file types in iTunes but my file management problem is solved. It's a little embarassing asking such a simple question but I'll never know until I ask and maybe it will help someone else.

Thanks for all your help!

Hope

Blog Entries

Hi Hope,
    I'm happy that it works for you now. Feel free to ask anything. We will help if we can.

Best,
    Scott

Thread Information