Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem updating FW on Kasina

1. Default Re: Problem updating FW on Kasina

Right, it did go through the whole process you mentioned and said it was successful. When I tried to do a copy the second time it would not let me. So I assumed there was some type of record registered somewhere.

It is a nice utility with easy to understand interface, thanks for making it. I think I am ok to wait for the next update. :-)

Default Re: Problem updating FW on Kasina

Hi. Just got my Kasina today and my iMac refused to update it to 1.04. I haven't messed with Terminal.
    Using my laptop on Win7 64bits the firmware update was flawless.
    Great product so far I am impressed.
    Michel
    Montreal Canada

Blog Entries

Michel,
    The firmware update utility attached higher in this thread didn't work? Or you were just following the posted instructions? The Mac it seems will need the firmware utility as we get more reports of inability to update with the the Finder.
    Glad you are liking the Kasina.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

I haven't tried the firmware update utility for MAC OS yet, I will next time on next firmware version for Kasina, using the Mac OS X Yosemite beta (10.10) available as of today.

5. Default Re: Problem updating FW on Kasina

Did the update work for someone with MAC OS Mavericks 10.9.4? I tried to update, but when plugging into USB the new "KASINA AVS" volume is not displayed. Firmware Kasina: KasinaFW1.02 (the USB Cable works, as it displays on the Kasina to be connected with USB). Can someone help or is the Kasina damaged, as i didn't use it for some month (everything else works, just the connection to my iMac/Macbook does not work). Thank you for any help...

Blog Entries

Yes, it works on Mavericks, even Yosemite. Did you hold down the middle navigation button at the same time as turning the Kasina on with the power button? That is what puts it into the firmware bootloader mode.

Also, you will probably want to try the beta firmware loader utility for Mac linked earlier in this thread.

Please report back your results.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

7. Default Re: Problem updating FW on Kasina

Yes, if have done everything like described - but my Macs does not display the Kasina as Volume. Charging works without any problems, also everything else works with the Kasina...

8. Default Re: Problem updating FW on Kasina

The USB-Port of the Kasina seems to have a loose contact and the update to 1.11 did work with the Terminal (while updating with the firmware loader utility and/or replacing firmware.bin didn't work)...

Blog Entries

The firmware utility runs the Terminal commands, so we may assume that the USB connection is intermittent? That is if you got no errors with the utility.

Possibly the USB cable? Can you verify if another cable works? You could also eliminate the cable as an issue by connecting normally through USB on the Kasina using the USB menu item. In which case the SD card would mount named Kasina SD.

It could potentially be the USB jack on the unit but I would first suspect the cable as mentioned. Again the SD card mounted would reveal this case as well.

BTW, the Kasina won't go into Bootloader mode at all if there is no USB connection, that is the reason to check with the card. Also, the Mac will pop up a message about the drive being improperly ejected if it loses the connection.

It is good that you got the firmware updated but let's focus on the USB issue you are reporting.

Thanks,
    Scott

10. Default Re: Problem updating FW on Kasina

Just tried the original USB cable delivered with the Kasina and everything works fine... Thank you!

Thread Information