Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Problem updating FW on Kasina

1. Default Re: Problem updating FW on Kasina

Yes thankyou very much indeed awesome it worked !!!

2. Default Re: Problem updating FW on Kasina

tried to update Kasina from 1.04 to 1.10 and device now hangs on blue screen =(
    i cant turn it off. please help.

3. Default Re: Problem updating FW on Kasina

Quote Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
    tried to update Kasina from 1.04 to 1.10 and device now hangs on blue screen =(
    i cant turn it off. please help.
    omg, it works again!
    first of all, i can confirm that update is not possible with third party cable (this is not good because we need to take care of original cable now)
    second - update is not works on Mavericks even with original cable. i was able to mount Kasina, delete original firmware and copy new firmware. but then device became unresponsible. and only way to recover it was to use updater utility.

i think all of this must be covered in info section about firmware update.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Problem updating FW on Kasina

The core functions are in a protected memory space so any firmware update should not prevent the Kasina from functioning. The update would simply be unsuccessful. At least that is the plan.

The manual updates have been in progress over the last few weeks. I don't know if they will make it to other languages any time soon.

USB cables are rated differently for power and data.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
    first of all, i can confirm that update is not possible with third party cable (this is not good because we need to take care of original cable now)
    Not true. The USB cable included with the Kasina is a very standard USB-A to Mini-USB-B cable. There is nothing special about it. That being said, there's no guarantee that a 3rd party cable will work as some are made with less-than-good tolerances. We included a good cable so that you wouldn't have problems, but I have updated my firmware with many different cables I have lying around and it's been fine. Again, though, I have found cheap cables in the past that would not work with my external hard drives and things. You should definitely make sure you always buy verified cables if possible.

second - update is not works on Mavericks even with original cable. i was able to mount Kasina, delete original firmware and copy new firmware. but then device became unresponsible. and only way to recover it was to use updater utility.
    I know there are some issues with updates on Mac. Interestingly, it's flawless on Windows. We are definitely looking at ways to make the firmware updating on Mac as flawless as on Windows.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

So, the firmware update utility did work for you on Mavericks? Man, a lot of Mac users lately which is good (Mac is my primary platform too). Mac has a tendency to create all kinds of hidden metadata files that pollute drives. This has to be at least part of the problems when coming from the Finder. Another microcontroller platform I use has the exact same issues with firmware updates on Mac.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

I didn't say there was anything special about our cable, just that there are USB cables with different ratings.

Blog Entries

Actually charge and data are pin connections so if the Mac recognized and mounted the Kasina then it is a data cable but maybe not a good one. Hard to say.

9. Default Re: Problem updating FW on Kasina

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    So, the firmware update utility did work for you on Mavericks? Man, a lot of Mac users lately which is good (Mac is my primary platform too). Mac has a tendency to create all kinds of hidden metadata files that pollute drives. This has to be at least part of the problems when coming from the Finder. Another microcontroller platform I use has the exact same issues with firmware updates on Mac.
    yes it works for me. user interface of utility is .... nothing to say =) but it works =)

10. Default Re: Problem updating FW on Kasina

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    Actually charge and data are pin connections so if the Mac recognized and mounted the Kasina then it is a data cable but maybe not a good one. Hard to say.
    third party cable was not completely noname. it was supplied with bluetooth speaker and i used it many times with different devices. do not know why it can't work with Kasina.

Thread Information