Thread: New Kasina owner, impressions

Default New Kasina owner, impressions

I'm already an owner of the Procyon, and I decided to upgrade to the Kasina. The boxing was very impressive and the device even more. I really love the shape and color of the little device. Then I tried a few sessions shortly to experience the new glasses and really liked them. But then I started noticing things that were not so enjoyable. Namely, noise in the sound. I tried upgrading to fw 1.04, and tried 4 different in-ear phones, but the noise was always there. With spectrastrobe and audiostrobe I always hear 2 sounds. 1 is the sound of a ticker, which to me sounds like some kind of instruction processing interval, it's independent of the light coming out of the glasses, and I can still hear it when I turn volume and light down. The other sound is when I turn the light up, it's a high pitched slight screech. I find these sounds very distracting, and I'm very sensitive to them. And they may become a reason for me to return the device.

Further I'd say it'd really be great if Proteus and Procyon sessions were to make it on there in KBS format, except with the current colorset system it seems that Procyon is out of the question, requiring independent R, G and B control. I think future addition packs for the device would sell well. Like an extra 50 Spectrastrobe package, I'd get that..

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Kasina owner, impressions

The audio noise is not at all normal across all Kasinas. They are very,very quiet. Please contact Andy at the support link below.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Kasina owner, impressions

Yes, click the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page. The Kasina should not make those sorts of noises so there's something not right with yours. We'll get the problem taken care of quickly.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information