Thread: Color balance

1. Default Color balance

Hello there,
    I have a Kasina past few months and I would like to know how to use the color balance. In what circumstances it can be useful?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Color balance

You are referring to the Color Balance settings in the Settings menu I suppose. Ok, let's look at some examples where this might be needed.

In rare cases due to differences in manufacturing there might be a noticeable variance in the brightness between the two eyes. This hasn't been reported but is conceivable. It could also be the case that the balance between eyes changes over time. Or possibly a single one of the LED goes out changing the balance. In these rare cases the ability to apply compensation settings would be much appreciated.

It could also be the case that someone finds Red to be too bright overall (or another color) and they could adjust it down globally. You could also adjust all of these down if you wanted less 'full' level brightness. So, for some people that might be useful. Another instance, is that you are concerned with blue affecting sleep cycles. If the whole session is not predominantly blue then you lessen it in that session.

There are also creative uses too now that I think about it. For instance you could apply some of the techniques that I use with MWS to balance the color (detailed in my tutorial videos) to the full level lights and maybe get even better color mixing without having to bother with all the tweaks I make or even use these tweaks in the output from other software like MuLab or NeuroProgrammer, etc. I'll have to try that.

You could also adjust the Color Balance to emphasis certain colors in the random ColorSets or even a bit in the Color Organ.

I guess at the end assessment it is just something that is really nice to have when you want it and further expands the possibilities for customization of the Kasina.

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    Last edited by neuroasis; 07-07-2014 at 05:24 PM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information