Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roy G. Biv and the Kasina - A full spectrum suggestion

Default Re: Roy G. Biv and the Kasina - A full spectrum suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post

On your last questions I think the colors need to keep moving to have the most effect. That is not to say that every session has to 'Taste the Rainbow' but one color for a long period of time is going to tend toward greyness. This can be good if it is the intended effect. Otherwise, you want to keep thing slowly moving and use red when you can as your primary flicker. If not that then green. Blue I find is not very suited for fast flicker but very good as a baseline/background. Simulates night very well. It may effect melatonin so be aware of its use in late night sessions.
    Yes... i'm beginning to understand about how and why we need a shifting, flowing set of patterns
    in order to evoke the colors...and keep them from shifting to grey.

AND.... yes, about the blue.... I'd working on using the Kasina for an insomnia program
    and bright blue lights in the morning ... especially using the blue sky outside
    ... there seems to be a consensus emerging in researchers
    that blue light in the morning is THE best way to reset the sleep cycles,
    though that research is confined to patients with some very specific sleep disorders...

I also I had an example I worked on today called Studies in Yellow that will demonstrate what I mean. It still need a bit of tweaking but I will upload when ready.
    I am waiting with baited breath for Studies in Yellow,
    because I want to use a mainly yellow palette in some sessions,
    and for the way I can learn for other colors... especially orange, indigo and violet....

This is just brilliant stuff Scott...
    and... I think.... something that's really needed....

We can all pretty easily adjust the tones ... and the entrainment...
    but the spectacular colors and color patterns available in the Kasina
    are really pretty much out of reach of most of us....
    .... so your work on this will have, I believe, a really great positive effect on the Kasina community.

Blue I find is not very suited for fast flicker but very good as a baseline/background. Simulates night very well. It may effect melatonin so be aware of its use in late night sessions.

Ironic isn't it, that blue really does simulate night well in AVS
    but that our brain uses the blues of a morning sky to calibrate and re-set our sleep cycles,
    so that sleep researchers and therapists get their patients out early in the morning,
    looking at the blue of the morning sky....

Thanks for your wonderful work, Scott!

==>Jim

Blog Entries

On blue, it is indeed ironic. It is the softest hue in closed eye AVS and at times gives nice movement and background which is well suited for relaxation session. It is why I remained unconvinced for a long time that for closed eye use it had an impact. That is until I saw recent studies that specifically looked at blue light exposure with closed eyes and measured the change in melatonin levels. Ultimately regardless of our 'artistic' preferences we need to factor in the science.

Unfortunately, red for many people is not so relaxing with the color associations... blood, fire, etc.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Here is a 2 minute session demonstrating how that red can easily be seen as violet when contrasted with green. Notice that it seems to get more intense as you view it. I am using the Phase control to place the tracks out of sync to allow the contrast and a bit of overlap.

Also, the blue track is mostly on and has it's frequency set to 10 times less than the main entrainment track. This creates subtly changing colors with even hints of yellow making an appearance in between the violet and green.

These screenshots show how Blue is set up as it is a bit hidden and I have not yet touched on this technique in training materials.

Set Advanced Entrainment.png

Advanced Entrainment by Formula.png

Attached is the MWS session and an mp3 file for those without it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thanks Scott.... once again I REALLY love the work you are sharing.

Please tell me, suppose I have a 20 minute guided imagery session (I do)
    with an implicit violet theme etc..... (based on the crown chakra) ... etc..
    that ramps down to Schumann (7.83)...

I would like to use this piece of work as the color part of the re-made session.

Should I just have MWS expand this 2 minute session
    with the expand thingey that you taught me in another thread?

OR .... How would you suggest I best use this piece in my 20 minute violet guided imagery session?

Blog Entries

If you wanted it to cover the whole duration then you could just change the time to 20 minutes and drag a selection around the 3 tracks and then pull them to the right to fill. You could also use those time expansion tools I showed earlier because there are no nodes in these tracks (nodes would pull out too long with such a long expansion otherwise)

Blog Entries

I also want to say that with this technique there is a slow breathing rhythm at play that I find deeply entrancing and fascinating. After it runs for a bit you will begin to notice it. The colors breath in and out and your body responds well to it. Usually around 0.5hz seems to be a sweet spot.

Here is a 2 minute session demonstrating how that red can easily be seen as violet when contrasted with green. Notice that it seems to get more intense as you view it. I am using the Phase control to place the tracks out of sync to allow the contrast and a bit of overlap.

Ok.... I wonder... can I just make an intro area,
    and then repeat the mp3 ... using it to encode the kasina via MWS?

would that be a sensible way to make a simple violet-based session?

==>Jim

Blog Entries

Hi Jim,
    There are a few other steps. If you just import the SS mp3 then it gets filtered out. I have to make some material on how to do this. Also, I would not suggest using an mp3, rather a wav file which is uncompressed. Are you finding it difficult to adjust the session to your liking. You might want to spend a moment learning about Content Blocks in the MWS help files. They are overlooked by most people I think (at least advanced usage) but they are a key component of creating SS sessions for which you need sections and shifting light settings.

Check it out and I will make some instructions on using audio effects files with MWS.
    Last edited by neuroasis; 05-29-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Hi Jim,

You might want to spend a moment learning about Content Blocks in the MWS help files. They are overlooked by most people I think (at least advanced usage) but they are a key component of creating SS sessions for which you need sections and shifting light settings.

Check it out and I will make some instructions on using audio effects files with MWS.
    Ok... deal!
    I'll check out content blocks this evening...

Thanks for all the fine help

Thread Information