Thread: How bright is Kasina at max?

Default How bright is Kasina at max?

Has anybody ever measured the max brightness of the Kasina?

1000 lux?

more? less?

Thanks Scott (I see you there, you helpful man you....)

==>Jim

Blog Entries

Default Re: How bright is Kasina at max?

It's funny that you say that. I am in the process of building a Luminosity/LUX meter based on Arduino, color temperature too I hope. This used to be a very expensive piece of equipment and if you buy industrial ones still are. Anyway, that is a project in the works.

It is kind of a harder question than it seems. There is not really a settled unit even. LUX is one and also lumens. LEDs are usually spec'd though in millicandellas.. also there is infrared to consider. I'll enquire on the manufactured specs, but I really do want to put a meter on it and see what comes out in real world measurements. So the best answer is to be continued....

Also, we have been getting detailed measurements on the frequency output of the Kasina (and others) which will likely be published. Leave it to say that the output is accurate within a very small tolerance.
    Last edited by neuroasis; 06-12-2014 at 01:34 PM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

I've been using avs for many years (incl just about all MP one's) and I have found the Kasina to be the brightest lights ever. I actually crank it down 1-2 notches on most sessions.

I think it is a good idea to experiment with light brighteness. You might be surprised how much more/better patterns you are able to see at different brightness levels.

Cheers,
    TomC

Blog Entries

-Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

That would be fun to play with. I'll give it a try. I am still building my own to learn but it would be good to compare against. Adafruit has some excellent sensors.

There are some on Amazon too in the sub $100 range but reviews are mixed.

I also noticed that the same company that makes this had a subliminal learning program using binaural beats.. looks like a nice interface but I am not really clear on what their range of expertise is... in app purchases of subliminals. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imax...434208740?mt=8
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

From the manual:
    LuxMeter Pro is an Advanced application for iPhone and iPad, which uses the internal camera to calculate, in real time, the level of illumination of the image captured by the camera. It should be noted that the camera does not work like the brightness sensors used in traditional light meters which measure the level of incident light, but in this case LuxMeter Pro measure the light reflected from the objects present in the area shown by the camera. This substantial difference makes the use of this application totally different from classic light meters, and it is also not possible to perform the measurement of light emitted directly from the light source. Pointing the camera at a lamp directly, this would be dazzled it by providing an image not be used for the calculation of lighting.

------
    Still if you set it up properly you might be able to at least get some idea. As mentioned before, it is a more difficult task than it seems at first.

Blog Entries

That makes sense since it use the camera as a sensor.

Arduino and the like are a lot of fun. I made a smart battery charger/analyzer and a MIDI translator, all just to see what it was like to work with them.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

I sure hope somebody posts a rating for the Kasina based on one of these tools.

I too find the Kasina really bright,
    ... but some of my white light old DAVID machines are really bright too....

==>Jim

Cool looking app, but it suggests that the measurable LED range is 5 - 50 watts, 450 - 3000 lumens, so the Kasina brightness would be below that range...

Thread Information