Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roy G. Biv and the Kasina - A full spectrum suggestion

Default Re: Roy G. Biv and the Kasina - A full spectrum suggestion

Wow this are very interesting aspects of colorcreating I'm looking foreward for more of this very helpful hints and tutorials
    Thaaanks Scott

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    Hi Jim,
    There are a few other steps. If you just import the SS mp3 then it gets filtered out.

Oh... I was only referring to the mp3 files you made with the color coding in them, and using just those in MWS ....
    i make all my own audio in protools, garage band, or reaper on the pc.

So, as i understand, importing your spectrascope light-programming mp3s into MWS just doesn?t work... is that correct

Blog Entries

Yes, I understood which file you were referring to. Again, I would not suggest using the mp3 with color coding. I mean you can and it will work but you are just further compressing an already compressed file when you are outputting the full session (mp3 is compressed), so it can degrade the light signal. It is best always to start with uncompressed sources like a wav file.

Importing light tracks will work but it is a special feature of MWS (put in at my request, thanks Adam!) and requires explanation. I am working on docs and they will be up today.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Ok... I was under the mistaken impression that only mp3 tracks could carry SpectraStrobe audio... but that is not correct?

It's that the Kasina only uses mp3 ...
    but until we have the session ready for final export to Kasina
    keep all the audio... including the audio designed for the "light clips" we will ultimately get... keep all that in .wav?

Have I got in now Scott?

==>jim

Blog Entries

No, really any audio track can carry SpectraStrobe if the bit rate is high enough, the codec of sufficient quality, and the 'lossiness' not too severe. For instance FLAC, OGG, and AAC work well for SpectraStrobe. But the Kasina can only playback mp3 and wav files. This is due to the fact that as a manufacturer you have to pay royalties to the standard body for the audio codec. So we pay for mp3 as it is the most common. The open source ones FLAC and OGG use too much of the processing power or memory of the controller in the Kasina (as one reason).

So, the Kasina can take SS as mp3 or wav.

But, it is a standard production technique to strive to maintain the highest quality audio/video/graphics until the last and final step in the output. You do not want to risk losing valuable data in between transformations. That is why for audio you should always keep to wav files (or AIFF on Mac) and then in the final step make the mp3.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thanks for this clarification Scott...
    most appreciated.

I'll go to mp3 only in the last step... onto the Kasina...

OR... are you suggesting we can use MWS to mix together
    the guided imagery audio tracks, entrainment, light driving tracks...etc....
    and then export to KASINA in the slightly superior WAV form?

That is really unclear in both MWS and Kasina documentation....

==>Jim
    Last edited by Jim Van Wyck; 05-31-2014 at 07:24 AM.

7. Default Re: Roy G. Biv and the Kasina - A full spectrum suggestion

Scott, tremendous support and help that I'm going to find extremely useful in my work with MWS and my Kasina. Thank you much for all you do. It is MUCH appreciated.

Chet

Thread Information