Thread: Left and right synchronisation

Cool Left and right synchronisation

I have the Proteus.
    can you tell me what progs if any, lead to left and right synchronisation?
    there is a new product out called equisync that says it does this by having several layers at the same time.
    Not being very good technically, I was wondering can I do the same with the proteus and also what progs lead to stimulating seratonin, melonin and do any inhibit cortisol?
    i
    Really need to be doing this as I suffer from sleep apnoea (on cpap) but also sleep disorder and I feel it's making me fat by interfering with hormones etc.
    any help appreciated.

is it just a gimmick that equisync says there are layers of brainwaves or is it really a step further,
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

Default Re: Left and right synchronisation

Whenever a company introduces 'new' technology and makes specific claims of health benefits or physiological reactions then it always wise to ask, "on what are those claims based?'. Equisync on their website have a list of general field studies but these are the same research that anyone well versed in the field has read. What specifically has been tested with their 'advance'? I suggest that you ask them for specific studies on their technology.

While I haven't used their particular product I will say that they seem to lay out the hype pretty thick and I have seen their ads often in my Gmail, so they are aggressive marketers. When you are doing audio only, you will find that many companies make widely exaggerated claims of new advances, as you will find with simple searches. I cannot say much else about what they might happen to be doing otherwise. But I would hope it is not layering unrelated frequencies (harmonically or otherwise), in attempt to pile on the power. You will see this on YouTube a lot. From my personal research, the frequencies need to be related and well structured. More is not always better.

Some of the Budynzski research undertaken under the sponsorship of the MindPlace research group (Synchromed) provide some indications that it is possible to entrain to more than one frequency simultaneously. However, this was in the use of light and sound together.

On the Proteus you can do this easily by setting the Channel 2 LFO (Green) to a different frequency than Channel 1. You may want to turn down the brightness on Channel 1 to turn it off or you could mix it. The sound will sync with Channel 1. You will want Dual LFOs selected.

Also, it is a natural bi-product of most entrainment waveforms that they produce harmonics. Generally the brain tends to be stimulated and naturally entrain across bands that are multiples of the primary frequency. So if you have 8 hertz, you will also see some measure of 16hz and a lesser amount of 32hz for instance.

You can also produce waveforms that emphasis certain harmonic frequencies in odd and even multiples. An ideal square wave and a triangle wave for instance produces all odd harmonics. A sawtooth all integer harmonics. This is pretty advanced stuff and surely has interesting effects on entrainment. It is not nearly as well understood as people would have you believe. EEG readings are complex and must be deeply filtered to gauge the effects, so generally what is looked for is a statistical increase at the target band and its harmonics.

Having said that, the Proteus has the capability to produce custom waveforms by visually editing them in the software. These are for sound only. But combined together in binaural beats or dual binaural beats, the potential stimulation is far more advanced than has even been explored by any user that has reported so. I continue to work with the Proteus as it has these capabilities.

Now, concerning neurotransmitter or endorphin production, obviously it takes an advanced and well funded research group to undertake these studies. Within the medical community the focus is on pharmaceuticals for obvious incentives. Most studies that include AVS protocols are looking at biomarkers such as EEG, HRV, EMG, etc. Some have looked at reduction of stress factors, etc. So, anyone that makes these types of claims most likely is drawing from generalized meditation studies or drug induced relaxation, which is more broadly represented.

Melatonin production under the influence of screens and LEDs however is being studied quite a bit at the moment because of late night computer usage and the spread of LED light bulbs. It seems that this research is building evidence that blue light as produced by these devices does effect melatonin production and thus alters the human circadian rhythm. The Proteus doesn't have blue leds so this is not a consideration.

Anyway, all that is a lot to digest. If it brings up further questions let me know.

My question for you Moonchild is do you use your Proteus to assist in sleeping and if so how well does it work for you?

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Hello Scott
    Thank you SO much for going to such trouble to answer my query. I confess some of it is over my head but I do appreciate you going to the bother. I get frustrated at my inability to be more competent with the Proteus. I am sure i only get a fraction of what it can do in the right hands. I also hope to upgrade to the Procion very soon.
    I felt that the 'sounds only' as compared to the AVS must not be so great and as you say, there are so many trying to aggressively market their products, it is difficult to know what's what and to see through the bullshit.

I do feel that there is a massive problem waiting in the wings as people's circadian rhythms are totally interrupted by the very common habit now of accessing tablets and phones during what should be dream-time or at least rest, for the Pineal Gland from light.
    I feel it myself and am going to try to wean myself off accessing my tablet when I wake in the night unable to sleep due to other causes.
    I feel that we are only just beginning to understand the effects that widespread wifi etc is going to have on the subtle elecro-magnetic body. A real disaster of huge proportions.

This is another reason why I need to implement periods of altered brainwaves to try to find some modicom of balance, as sleep apnoea is very damaging to the general health and wellbeing.

I have the sheets of the programs that tell what each prog is helpful with as far as general things go.
    If you think any of them will be particularly helpful do say.

Thanks once more

Alison
    Life is but a dream

oops....forgot to answer your last question

Do I use the Proteus to get to sleep? I do sometimes but by the time I am fixed up with the mask for my cpap, to then add glasses and ear phones can be very ....let's say unappealing...
    If I wake unable to get back to sleep I will sometimes use it and I would say that it almost always works.
    I am put off by wanting to add music and then more wires etc so looking forward to the more streamlined machine with mp3 included.
    Life is but a dream

Thread Information