Thread: Swaying lights

Default Swaying lights

Hi Scott and all,
    Do you know if lights or circuit which can make it possible.
    Here is the animation which shows swaying.
    http://www.phosphenism.com/devindividuel.html

Blog Entries

Default Re: Swaying lights

Ha, we are interested in very similar things. I have a lot of the literature and material from this site and find it to be really interesting and different than anything else I have run across. I experiment with phosphenes quite a bit actually. Dr. Lefebure had the ability to present very simple exercises that on their face seem a bit quaint but are actually rather powerful and cut to the heart of the practices of many traditions. I will need to address many of these things later when I have more time. But suffice it to say that the practice of using phosphenes along with AVS, amps up the experience of both a great deal.

The head swaying that you have referenced in not so much a technology although one could be made that would give you a tracking animation to follow. On that page they are just showing an example animation to illustrate. They mean what they say literally. Sway your head during the meditation. With AVS this is really easy as you already have a good tracking rhythm. You will want to sway at 1/4 the speed of the lights. It is like tapping quarter notes (the up beats) to a song.

I really will present all this material in a structure of exercises that people can understand. I have to lay the groundwork in software and web structure, and this is what I am working on. You are finding one of many sources of the ideas I use, so that site is a good resource. A little wacky in places, but good stuff at the core.
    Last edited by neuroasis; 04-22-2014 at 06:59 AM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

I do recommend the Virtual Gyrascope program that they have: http://www.phosphenism.com/appareils...koundatraining It works very well along with AVS meditations and for a spiritual path the two complement each other very well.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    I do recommend the Virtual Gyrascope program that they have: http://www.phosphenism.com/appareils...koundatraining It works very well along with AVS meditations and for a spiritual path the two complement each other very well.
    You guys got me interested in this as well. Do you know if there is a demo download for the I-Gyrascope before dropping $377? Thank you for this.

Blog Entries

It is actually a really simple program. There used to be a virtual one on the site but I don't find it now. I've looked through Wayback Machine and I don't see it. I didn't realize the price had gone that high. I guess limited distribution. I got it in a box set like 8 years ago.

Also, on that page that was referenced the animation is showing a phosphene that you have generated and how it 'lags' when you move your head which is really interesting. Phosphenes are really simple to create. The size, shape and duration of them is what differentiates lights. Basically to create one, just look directly at a bright light bulb for a few seconds. I have had really good results with some of the spiral energy saving bulbs. Phosphenes are interesting to watch evolve in the shades of color. They go through the whole rainbow, starting at green/yellow and progressing all the way down to a dark blue/purple.

I have recently begun experimenting with an LED ring light that creates an amazing array of phosphenes that are easy to 'spin'. I charge my vision with this light and then do an AVS session.

Blog Entries

Also, people have asked about how to create 'geometry' in AVS sessions. A large degree of these are the phosphenes that are created with the bright LED exposure.

Blog Entries

On the same topic (but I can't say I recommend this) on the foc.us tDCS headset that was asked about earlier. If it is running and you move it slightly away from your head and create an electrical arc (again only the most foolish/adventuresome people would do this) then you get a bright white/blue phosphene similar to what this guy did.. http://www.stevebeck.tv/phosphotron.htm . Again I am most definitely not recommending this.

It is a deep and interesting subject. This presentation provides a very excellent overview of various phenomena http://www.oubliette.org.uk/

Hi Neuroasis,
    I found the answer to my question which i asked at beginning of this post. Answer is EL 515 Multicolor light effect, I think they use in music rooms or clubs. It rotates left to right to left and so on. I found it in DDs store for $20. I am going to experiment with it.

Blog Entries

I'm missing the connection to Phosphenism or that just made you think of it? If I were going to do a rotating light display for close up use (closed eye) then I would use some of the RGB addressable light strips that are so prevalent these days. They have remotes for them and programs or if you want to do your own thing it is easy enough with Processing and an Arduino. Something like: 1m Addressable RGB LED Strip 5V

But for open eye to fill a room or such, then yeah, a DJ/club light would work. What is your intended purpose?
    Last edited by neuroasis; 05-01-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Thread Information