Thread: Hypertension

1. Default Hypertension

Does anyone have any experience with lowering blood pressure with mind machines? Any recommendations? Do I simply look for a good meditation machine or is there more to it than that. I've read that delta waves may help.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hypertension

There is research that shows positive results. I have attached a study specifically with hypertension and a meta search study.

I feel that a meditation practice in general will do a great deal in alleviating this condition. Now, mind machines 'ease' the process of meditating by giving one focused stimulus and pleasant diversions. It is likely that most people would be more receptive to the modern machines like the Kasina as the onboard sessions are more engaging and interesting, having a full soundscape and music component, rather than bland 'beeps'.

You will want to start with stimulating relaxing, alpha frequencies. Many sessions on the Kasina focus on this primarily.

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Hypertension

Thanks Scott. I have read the articles and they do appear to suggest that AVS will help. Now I have to decide which machine to try.

Thread Information