Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Color Organ Tracks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina, the next best thing since sliced bread!

On another thread stormchas3r mentioned that he likes to use the Color Organ with hard techno tracks.

stormchas3r, would you recommend some specific songs that you find work well with the Color Organ and provide Amazon links to them? I have thought this would be a good thing for people to share their experiences with.

I personally have a soft spot for cinematic PsyTrance music like Juno Reactor. Songs off Beyond the Infinite for instance work really well with the Color Organ. I also like modern psychedelic like Entheogenic. Love Letters to the Soul off Gaia Sophia is really nice.

High tempo but spacious are unique to find but as a rule are what work best for brainwave entrainment ranges.

In a classic rock vein La Villa Strangiato and Xanadu from Rush for instance are trippy experiences with the Color Organ or Echoes from Pink Floyd.

I would be very interested to hear those tracks you like. Please others chime in with tracks you like too.

Best,
    Scott
    Last edited by neuroasis; 03-22-2014 at 06:09 AM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Another amazing experience with the Color Organ is listening to Tool - Parabol / Parabola from Lateralus. Especially if you have seen the Alex Grey video... some of those shapes are in there... I swear, it is freaky. Quick tip: if you don't get enough red (or too much red) then adjust the Equalizer in your audio player about 2khz either higher or lower.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Absolutely Scott!

I actually listened to what you recommended on the PsyTrance side of things and I dig it. Currently downloading a few albums now.
    Here a few of my favorite songs that I like in the Hard Dance/Trance, Schranz side of things. Since the BPM is in the higher class of 150+, the ColorOrgan has a lot going on, but in an amazing way.

Daniela Haverbeck Magnetar This one is my favorite.

Greg Notill Et's Calling

Barbers I Like Hard

Luca Anolini Universe of Harmony

Proteus Fist of the Northstar

Buchecha I miss you

Relocate Spirit This song is a tad slower but has an incredible uplifting effect. Let me know if you experience it.

This is just a tad of what I have. If you would like more recommendations feel free to ask. Thank you and look forward to hearing more suggestions.
    Last edited by stormchas3r; 03-23-2014 at 01:40 PM.

4. Default Re: Color Organ Tracks

Like Scott I am a fan of the Psybient genre ( psychedlic ambient ) which tends to mix organic often acoustic sounds with electronic sound sources and vocals and sounds often of a world music nature .

For deeper ambient beatless music with AVS , I love any project by Matt Hillier ( aka Ishq, Elve and Ishvara ) . I've cited here before Elve - Emerald as one of my favorites for color organ `journeys ' . I have encoded this and many others with the MindExlprere Color Organ application .

For more beat driven music you can't go past the 5 albums by Isreali duo `Shulman ' - warning - highly psycho-active !
    My favorite album is `In Search of a Meaningful Moment '

Here is a Youtube link to one of the tracks off the album with an amazing fan made video - run full screen .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIAgp41re3M

Enjoy .

Blog Entries

Default Re: Color Organ Tracks

Yeah, Shulman is great. And we mustn't forget Sphongle. Haven't heard Elve I'll buy it tonight for my journey as we are on the same page. Also Carbon Based Lifeforms - World of Sleepers is amazing.

+1 for Floyd for sure. Funny you should mention that. It happens to be one I have been discretly working on. As I am just scratching the surface at the moment and leaping at the hurdles sometimes presented before me, sometimes landing flat on my face, sometimes going off on a tangent and learning valuable lessons along the way, and many times just ending up with an interesting accident. My "Echos" track will not be finished for a while, I fear, but I hope to be able to do the entire Live at Pompeii set. DSOTM is on my goal radar as well. Have to admit I have given In a gadda da vida more than a passing thought as well.

Thank for all the recommendations guys, looks like I have some more exploring to do....

<Ricky_Ricardo>
    LUCY!
    </Ricky_Ricardo>
    The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
    ​_________________________________________________ _________________________-Albert Einstein

I like thisone (parts of it not all):"Lorn - Ancient Realms XII - Atlantis (Downtempo/Psybient/Chillout Mix) "
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oXtRKAu-Ds
    But be careful if you listen the whole piece in one session you might easily land in "GaGaLand"........
    and thisone Pleiadian Friend (Remastered Edition)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGICDz4qbd4
    Cheers
    Esthy
    Last edited by Thalassa; 04-01-2014 at 05:18 AM.

8. Default Re: Color Organ Tracks

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    Yeah, Shulman is great. And we mustn't forget Sphongle. Haven't heard Elve I'll buy it tonight for my journey as we are on the same page. Also Carbon Based Lifeforms - World of Sleepers is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    Scott : I was lucky to see Shpongle live in full concert mode a couple of years ago - this is a great concert video if you haven't seen it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp2rW-rNgC0. Yes - have all the CBL albums.

I can recommend Ishq- Orchid ( 2001) as a great intro to the Ishq sound .

Elve - " Emerald" is a real journey of the deep - I found it goes really well with visualisation sessions on my Procyon . Can be appreciated best by going the full album without distraction and good headphones- . Soundscapes of alien ancient forests and facilitating realms of entheogenic plant spirit communication.... ( according to the author ) . I found the 200% fast response to be best with the color organ although the version I made using Mind Explorer has a much lower threshold for light activation and more full and continuous light show .

It would be great if a future release of the colour organ on the kasina had a manually adjustable light response threshold which would allow a richer experience on ambient music that is not so strong on rhythmic peaks but plenty of textural richness to trigger the lights.

Mark

Last edited by mctxp; 04-01-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Just wanted to say thank you for the recommendations of Juno Reactor, entheogenic, shulman and of course Shpongle. I love every bit of it. You have opened my eyes to more trance type music that I never knew existed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information